My fish bit me!

Stella

I just got bitten by one of my mudfish.... and it DREW BLOOD! :o

There are two (miniscule) punctures and the outline of teeth marks in an odd shape on the back of my hand!

OK so they often nip, them and the kokopu, and both groups are now big enough that I can feel their teeth. But these little sods try the bite-and-twist method...

Anyone else had a good bite from their fish? :lol:

My oscar's favourite game is to attempt to bite my hand when I was doing water changes.. he's really good at it too, always make his move when I was looking down to make sure the water was going into the bucket rather than the floor.

He got me really good once and caused a fairly impresive cut across the the knuckle.

Gavin.... :) :)

I love getting visitors to put their fingers in too. Especially a buzz for people who have been studying these species but never really interacted with them when the fish had a choice!

I am so going to get a video of the muddies biting me, they do it every time I put my whole hand in.

There is still a rough area on my hand where it got me yesterday. I didn't think my hands were *that* soft and girly! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...