COURIERS - whos everyone using atm for LIVE goods

Insect Direct

ok i normally send though the post office, bt if you ring them they normally say nope we dont take them.

I ring courierpost (as ive recieved many a live things through them) they put me onto pace ("sister company who deals with live goods so they tell me, sounds good) so i contact them and nope we dont deal with livestock so they put me onto air nz :roll: all abit over the top for a box a crickets

thing tht ennoys me is ive had live parcels come from just about every company yet when it comes to sending it seems a diff story :evil:

yes i can keep taken them into the post office (the ladies in there know me and my tricks but seem happy) but yea as buisness grows i nd to sort a courier asap.

Generally I send small parcels consisting of turtles, newts, some fish, live food etc etc

sooo yea im just after any advice or suggestions,

cheers

We just labeled the Knifefish we sent as a Lava lamp :lol:

thats just dishonest young man haha

I pack my polybox's in cardboard boxes, saves unnecessary questions.

The difference with crickets would be that they would make noise in the darkness of a box wouldn't they?

yea adult male crickets will for sure :lol: i can just imagine the courier driver hearing crickets - how sooothing lol

seriously though i send mainly under tht size so shouldnt be a prob.

I use fastway here and theyre great, understand about live goods and they say if it's packaged properly then it should be ok. Im the same as you,,, rang around and told nope... dont deliver fish etc, but have recieved them many times. Got a saddle delivered by nz couriers that was the wrong size and rang to see how much to send back and they told me the box size was too big? um,,, you delivered it, "no it's too big for our couriers" , but you delivered it!!, "Sorry cant help you". Ended up taking it to the post shop and sent it no prob. :roll:

I'm beginning to notice that a live fish lable is less likely to be rejected than other things (frogs, bugs etc...)

I havent done much posting myself but a friend of mine always sends things labled live fish (regardless of it's turtleness or froggishness etc...).

Dont know if thats helpful?

Ive never had problems myself.

I find if I tell them that I understand that they are not responsible for any deaths etc, they are happy.

Post Haste even rang me to say the fish had arrived at the depot and did I want it delivered or do I want to collect.

All packages I sent and recieved were well labeled as being live tropical fish.

How do you think petstores recieve their stock?????

HTH

I'm beginning to notice that a live fish lable is less likely to be rejected than other things (frogs, bugs etc...)

I havent done much posting myself but a friend of mine always sends things labled live fish (regardless of it's turtleness or froggishness etc...).

Dont know if thats helpful?

Hahaha, Labelling it "Live bugs"