Albino Golden Bristlenose

lollipop9

add a good cave and bns are prolific breeders, u may already have a cave if so i recon they prefer nice tight fitting caves or atleast the entry should be so the male can do his biz.

get the drill out and bore a hole no more than an inch wide and deep enough for the full length of the male (20mm should do it) in some driftwood, works well for whiptails to ;)

add a good cave and bns are prolific breeders, u may already have a cave if so i recon they prefer nice tight fitting caves or atleast the entry should be so the male can do his biz.

get the drill out and bore a hole no more than an inch wide and deep enough for the full length of the male (20mm should do it) in some driftwood, works well for whiptails to ;)

Thanks for the tips - I've got PVC pipes, but I'll try the holes in the driftwood too!

Hi,

There are two types of albino bristlenoses. If you breed within the same type, you will get albino babies. If you bree one type with the other type, you will only get normal (brown) bristlenose babies. There is a good article about this in one of the recent Aquarium World.

I guess these normal babies came out of your golden male and the white female?

Wait for the golden female to mature and pair her up with the golden male, you are more likely to get albino babies.

LOL. Yeah I meant the adults had red eyes. Wouldn't be so gutted if the babes had red eyes - that would be kinda cool. Thanks for all your input, very interesting about the 2 types of albinos. I have now removed the white female, and shall patiently wait for my next batch. Unless anyone out there has a nice large golden albino female they would like to sell me as I'm not really the patient type!

I'm so jealous you can make them breed just like that!!! I have 4 breeding size males, and 3 females, and mine wont do anything!

Move. Trust me, the day you go to bag them up and take them out of the tank you will find freshly hatched babies less than 2 hours old. This will be the day that you are sending them to a friend to look after for a while and you will not get the joy of watching them grow up unless you visit said friend lots! :roll: