Red devil cichlid

fins

I'm very skeptical of claims of fish being killed by filters. Unless it's heaps stronger than any I have. I've had guppies and gourami fry in tanks with 404s and 403s and I've only had fish sucked up by the filter a couple times and all of those I'm confident were due to the fish being practically dead anyway.

What do you mean "they were only red devils"? Are you implying it doesn't matter if you kill a fish if, for some reason, you consider it less important than other species?

I get angry with people who don't care if they have killed a fish because it was only cheap, they had lots of them, didn't really want that fish anyway, it was given to me etc etc etc.

If you keep fish you must house them and care for them to the best of your ability. They are reliant on you for their survival.

If you had a litter of kittens, or puppies, there would be a fuss made if it was discovered you had managed to kill most of them because of something you did and then you said "It doesn't matter, they were only moggies". Why should fish be any different? Because they can't complain, don't look cute?

I really dont know what happened to them, I was given 30 and when I went to move them to another tank there was 6. They are fish fry at only a few days old so I expected a few deaths. It was probably the bigger fry that ate them any way.

• 3 months later...

That look ugly to me, compared to my fish, its a shame that most personalty fish are either ugly, or get too big or both, id love a Red Devil even though they are ugly, i just dont have space for a personalty fish!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

(i think there ugly, you think they arnt)

Shae 250

Well personally, I think ugly pets are cute :D

My dog Syd was a Bulldog ( not the prettiest boy in town LOL)

I am considering getting Axolotyls again, far from handsome, and most people think my turtles aren't Cute!!!!! whats up with that? :D

I would love to have a large "ugly" fish, wonder if I could convince hubby to let me have another BIG tank LMAO!!!

• 3 months later...

Did a bit of reasearch and i found this...

http://www.reddevilfish.co.uk

And this is a small file but all i can say is KEWL!!!

http://www.reddevilfish.co.uk/Video/HandFeeding.WMV

Now when I empty my 1.1m tank and put my fish fish into a 5 footer with plants etc what to do with the old tank?? Mmmmm

Funny tho I would look @ it as being a bit mean to have 1 fish in a big tank all by himself :( but if the fish likes it...