Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red devil cichlid

Featured Replies

  • Author

They were only red devils. I put them in a massive tank with a strong power filter. The survivers are in a small tank. I couldnt have looked after 30 any way.

I'm very skeptical of claims of fish being killed by filters. Unless it's heaps stronger than any I have. I've had guppies and gourami fry in tanks with 404s and 403s and I've only had fish sucked up by the filter a couple times and all of those I'm confident were due to the fish being practically dead anyway.

What do you mean "they were only red devils"? Are you implying it doesn't matter if you kill a fish if, for some reason, you consider it less important than other species?

I get angry with people who don't care if they have killed a fish because it was only cheap, they had lots of them, didn't really want that fish anyway, it was given to me etc etc etc.

If you keep fish you must house them and care for them to the best of your ability. They are reliant on you for their survival.

If you had a litter of kittens, or puppies, there would be a fuss made if it was discovered you had managed to kill most of them because of something you did and then you said "It doesn't matter, they were only moggies". Why should fish be any different? Because they can't complain, don't look cute?

  • Author

I really dont know what happened to them, I was given 30 and when I went to move them to another tank there was 6. They are fish fry at only a few days old so I expected a few deaths. It was probably the bigger fry that ate them any way.

  • Author

Wel the little buggers are causing me trouble allready. The six of them beat my male badis badis to death then started eating him. I thought I have been feeding them enough. Now they have a tank to themselves.

  • 3 months later...

That look ugly to me, compared to my fish, its a shame that most personalty fish are either ugly, or get too big or both, id love a Red Devil even though they are ugly, i just dont have space for a personalty fish!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

(i think there ugly, you think they arnt)

Shae 250

Well personally, I think ugly pets are cute :D

My dog Syd was a Bulldog ( not the prettiest boy in town LOL)

I am considering getting Axolotyls again, far from handsome, and most people think my turtles aren't Cute!!!!! whats up with that? :D

I would love to have a large "ugly" fish, wonder if I could convince hubby to let me have another BIG tank LMAO!!!

yeah, its a shame they get so UGLY!

You lost your right to an opinion when you said you like the looks of blood parrots.:)

  • 3 months later...

Different strokes for different folks, like i had a pitbull & wouldnt think about a poodle. (Sadly put down 1 week b4 Xmas due to cancer at 10 yrs old) :cry:

Did a bit of reasearch and i found this...

http://www.reddevilfish.co.uk

And this is a small file but all i can say is KEWL!!!

http://www.reddevilfish.co.uk/Video/HandFeeding.WMV

Now when I empty my 1.1m tank and put my fish fish into a 5 footer with plants etc what to do with the old tank?? Mmmmm

Funny tho I would look @ it as being a bit mean to have 1 fish in a big tank all by himself :( but if the fish likes it...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.