Giving Blood...

FreedingFrenzy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you hate tele sales people then dont give blood, these guys are calling us up as soon as the rest time is complete. they are becoming a real pain in the ar-e. but when people are sick they need blood, i dont give blood my better half does, but know i should. i just aren't convinced that it is completely good for you for them to drain blood out of you as often as the 'experts' say its alright. i mean if we were meant to have blood completely replaced quite often then wouldn't 'evolution' have figured that out by now??? i can only imagine the response that comment will get. bty i am only writing on this thread cause i am waiting for something and am really really bored.

if you hate tele sales people then dont give blood, these guys are calling us up as soon as the rest time is complete. they are becoming a real pain in the ar-e. but when people are sick they need blood, i dont give blood my better half does, but know i should. i just aren't convinced that it is completely good for you for them to drain blood out of you as often as the 'experts' say its alright. i mean if we were meant to have blood completely replaced quite often then wouldn't 'evolution' have figured that out by now??? i can only imagine the response that comment will get. bty i am only writing on this thread cause i am waiting for something and am really really bored.

Most of your blood is replaced every 100 or so days. If your body can't handle a little increase in that rate you have bigger problems than losing a few hundred ml of blood.

They wont let you donate "quiet often". Also agree with Ira, I've bled out more than I donate and i'm sweet. If your body was'nt ment to reproduce blood I would have ran out year's ago!!? :wink: :lol:

Oooh listen to that! I think I hear excuses! :lol:

Our bodies are perfectly well adapted to losing a bit of blood once in a while and replacing it. That's what we have bone marrow for! Being a blood donor (whole blood or components) will do you no harm at all.

Most of your blood is replaced every 100 or so days. If your body can't handle a little increase in that rate you have bigger problems than losing a few hundred ml of blood.

I agree with Ira - When you give whole blood anyway they make you wait at least 3months before you can give again - so your body does have enough time to remake it all again - its not that bad really..

i gave blood once in hamilton walked home from the hospital to wintec , had two beers and couldnt walk at all . fun but not worth drinking after it i also find i get really tired after giving blood so i go in when i have nothing planned for the rest of the afternoon

I unfortunatley have never had the plesure of giving blood as a donor.

Have given lots of blood to the testing labs over the years as I am a Type 1 Diabetic.

Have to have blood tests every three months at the moment.

Its a shame really as its something I can never do to help someone else.

alright the whole thing gives me the hebbedy geebedies, and i really don't want to... but the boss really wants me too so??? i think it will happen but if it gets weird or something like that im 'outa there'. Like if the nurse starts licking her lips as she is putting the needle in, man im running for the hills!