Archeys Frogs

Navarre

Spare ones??

I dont know that anyone will have spare ones, are you even allowed to have them?

As I understand it only a select few lucky people are allowed to care for our native frogs (ie working in recovery and research programmes) as they are Absoloutely protected by law (wildlife act, where some other native wet critters should join them).

Correct me if i'm wrong

-would love to be wrong, then i could have some!!!!! frogs are fab!!! but the drama of getting native landsnails is enough like hard work for me (=epic paperwork and no results).

All in all i dont even think people should be allowed to keep them outside of breeding and research programmes/ advocacy programmes.

they are rather precious

lol any suggestions Mark?

Thanks Broms am awake.

I knew that you have to have a C cat to keep Tuataras...lol

Native snails...pffft... You could get funding to shift 1500 of them over 6 mths go to the area they are going to strip mine where they are biologially unique shift 1500 in 4 weeks and spend 5 months counting the 15000 that had to be left behind cause of the funding and then go back to your day job.

Either way would be great to see you all at the recovery programme fundrasier on the 26th in Christchurch.

Let me know if you want the details...Mark Ill accept your apologies in liue of some of that land you were talking about..lol

was just wondering outloud really.

Thanks anyway

Nav

1080 effects on insects?

still havent seen any evidence for this at all (and there has been research on this), if you have some could you pass it on? I am rather curious on this subject and would love to see it

My current thinkings on 1080 are that it's a 'lesser of evils', while we need a better plan, this is the best we've got for now.

http://www.forestandbird.org.nz/dawncho ... il2007.pdf

sorry, rather off topic here

but this is a subject that interests me

dont mind teh thread being hijacked

Better plan is ground control for fur and meat.

That easy

at $105 kilo fur is more expensive than wool per tone.

Also 1080 disapears(lol) in h20 thats what we live on as do herps etc

Anyway back to topic.

Wish I was in AUckland in 2 weeks

Pity that they will disappear in teh wild as they are critically listed

Also Govt has shares in all sorts thats why Kiwi saver dropped 7 mil when the US housing market fell over.

Pity about the archeys tho eh

Maybe you could get some for the park LA?

Navarre