still looking

snake kid

Hi guys that last post THE SEARCH IS DRIVING me mad was taken to seriously it was JUST A JOKE apparently a bad one any way just wanting to know has any one got any chinese or japanese fire bellied newts

will pay eighty bucks each decided to buy from a breeder so don't send me back to that bubble and squeak shop but maybe another shop would be ok.

P.S I live in christ church city and want juveniles :)

hi snake kid i to am looking to buy some more but as it stands its not the best time to be looking for them as said some stores may have them but if your unsure about buying form a store i'm sure if you hang in there a bit longer they will pop up

in the mean time just prepare yourself for the newts by reading everything you can asking every question you can also source and grow lots of foods for them while you wait

I think around this time of year they should be breeding and then it takes another month or so for them to hatch some wait a few months before selling them so were looking at around December January before there on the market some one will correct me if i'm wrong and H.T.H and good luck with the hunt D.G

they have got six of them at pet world checked a few minutes ago

a bit out of my price range though :(

and thanks for the advice dantezgirl been looking all over the net got the

terrarium set up (just about :lol: ) and getting a few gold fish transport tanks for breeding my insects

sorry about the last post false alarm they were actually two for eighty dollars EACH and they were up in caimbridge so no point paying the same amount as I would here so i'm still looking never mind i'm guessing

I'm going to have to pay eighty dollars each now just looking for someone in CHRIST CHURCH and will hold them for a long time :)

you guys are probably right I'll be able to find some juveniles around xmas until then I'll just keep improving there terrarium, finding out as much as I can to make sure they are happy when they come (by the way I got my terrarium a week ago and have started decorating yesterday it is about one and a half cubic feet and it is going to be ausome :D ) also I am still having trouble finding out what to feed them would they be all right with small meal worms and wingless fruit flys?

I fed mine on daphnia when they were morphing, Awesome to watch as they chase them around the tank. When they had growen their legs and started to venture out of the water more, i put them on frozen food to get them use to it. Now the one i have left is in the lazy teenage stage he/she eats frozen food and wingless fruit flys.

They don't like it too cold or too hot. Mine range from about 10 deg to early twenties but I don't think they would do well at a constant temperature of late twenties. I suspect the morphing has more to do with size than age so good food will help speed things up. There is a time for everything and I think animals do best if nature takes its course.

• 4 weeks later...