Frogs frogs frogs

museeumchick

Am growing many meal worms in my desk drawer (for a staple) and will accumulate dietary variations as i go methinks (am pretty good at making flytraps since i had geckos once upon a time)

NOT loving the way sphagnum acts like a sponge/siphon and moves all water from 'pond' to the rest of the tank, sigh

So no camera, i shall describe it instead

it has a solid base of leafy stuff with a cover of sphagnum

there are two 'pond' bits (need more rocks so they can get in and out easy (will do tomorrow morning)

A branch covered in leatherleaf fern with spcae to hide under it.

a hen and chicken fern (coz they never die on me) and another fern, both quite small at this stage.

Might have problems with air circulation as only the top is mesh - remedied by putting an air line in?

will have a heat lamp for a bit every day for them to bask in

am most worried about the temperature, it is a constant 20 celcius during the day and a little cooler at night - is this ok for southern bells (i understand its not so much the temp as the rate of temp change that is the problem - true?)

They have arrived!

and after a small (unplanned) tour of the office they are settling into their new home.

soooo super cute

:bounce:

they do that and get out when u least expect it wait till u see them shedding their skin its gross but fasinating

Ok worried now

still over the shyness but appear to have changed colour!!!!

i's sure they are a darker green/brown than they were when they arrived! what does this mean?

initial thought was that their whole environment is quite a dark green/brown - could this be it?

i thought these frogs diddnt change colour

worried!

they could have also shed there skin they get dirty quickly and can appear to change colour after shedding have a look at the white belly on ur frogs sometimes it will be really dirty hardly white at all and then bang overnight fresh white as snow

• 2 months later...
Ok worried now

still over the shyness but appear to have changed colour!!!!

i's sure they are a darker green/brown than they were when they arrived! what does this mean?

initial thought was that their whole environment is quite a dark green/brown - could this be it?

i thought these frogs diddnt change colour

worried!

are southern bells the same as golden bells?

if so just a lil bit of extra info, when they arwe happy the golden bits will be a lovely gold colour :D but if they come under stress the gold will turn a brown colour and will not shine anymore :(