Apistogramma baenschi (Inka 50)

Bilbo

Does anyone in NZ still have Apistogramma Baenschi (Inka)?

I havent heard any mention of them for a year or more.

I know there are apisto's few about but what about

A. elizabethae, A. sp RioMamore', A. eremnopyge, A.diplotaenia or A. McMasterii. Has anyone kept any of these?

Make a list of Apisto's to see whats around

I will start with

I have at least 1 pair of each of these

A. Agassizii

A. bitaeniata

A. borellii

A. cacatuoides

I was breeing Apistogramma sp. Nanay Melgar last year and hopefully someone still has some floating around? (not literally floating either) :lol:

I had the young go up north so hope they ended up with someone who wanted to continue breeding them 8)

I just got some Borelli today :D They look a bit like male and female so hopefully i have a pair :P

EDIT: has abyone got pics of borelli? So i can sex my 2 properly :D

Cheers

http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthrea ... 305&t=7727

There's a male/female pic on there- female looks pretty different from the male. And taken from:

http://articles.gpasi.org/apistogramma_borelli.html

"The male is larger with a solid yellow head and his body is a silvery blue. His dorsal fin is twice as high as the females’. Both his dorsal and anal fins are sharply pointed and longer than the females’. The females are not a bland looking fish by any means. They are yellow with a black lateral line, a black vertical strip across the eyes, and the first two rays of the ventral fins are also black"

Hope this helps Dixon!

I have Apistogramma viejita- (pair)

Thats another one thats really cool.

So we can confirm 5 so far from a possible 250 identified species and 77 allowed by NZ Bio Security.

I know of Panduro so thats 6.

Any more out there?

I know there are panduro in the country, and i suspect pandurini ( in sure someone identified a difference). There should also be MacMasteri floating around, there were alot around a while back. I would like to think Trifasciata would be in NZ, Maybe someone can confirm this for me. It is sad to see that there are not many apistos around at the moment, they are great fish, at one stage we had 9 species, and 3 types of cockatoo. now it looks like we are struggling to confirm 9 species in NZ :cry:

pandurini is the same as Panduro

Name: A. panduro

Other Names: A. sp. Pandurini; A. sp. Blue-sky; A.sp. Azur

It is sad to see that there are not many apistos around at the moment, they are great fish, at one stage we had 9 species, and 3 types of cockatoo. now it looks like we are struggling to confirm 9 species in NZ

I know Hands, that is why I really want a full species list. I have owned Macmasteri and Inka and a few others but I was never serious about them. Its really sad actually that we can count 6 and maybe 7 if we count Eunotus and possibly 8 A.sp.Nanay/Melgar.

I think that someone made a mistake in identifing one or the other of these so I am pretty sure that we had either Eunotus or Melgar but not both they look very similar.

Total confirmed list is

Agassizi

Bitaeniata

Borellii

Cacatuoides

Eunotus

Panduro

Viejita.

Thats pretty disapointing, hopefully some more will pop up.

Is there any people who would be interested in them if more were avaliable?

I have at least 3 on my list of must haves :-)

I really want Inka again as they are stunning fish

elizabethae and trifasciata.

There are probably others but chances of getting them are pretty slim.

sp. Rio Mamor'e

trifasciata etc