July 30, 200818 yr comment_254621 Does anyone in NZ still have Apistogramma Baenschi (Inka)? I havent heard any mention of them for a year or more. I know there are apisto's few about but what about A. elizabethae, A. sp RioMamore', A. eremnopyge, A.diplotaenia or A. McMasterii. Has anyone kept any of these? Make a list of Apisto's to see whats around I will start with I have at least 1 pair of each of these A. Agassizii A. bitaeniata A. borellii A. cacatuoides Report
July 31, 200818 yr comment_254663 I have Apistogramma viejita- (pair) but they haven't bred yet. In a community tank anyway though so even if they did I wouldn't be able to raise the fry. Such cool fish, love them Report
July 31, 200818 yr comment_254668 I was breeing Apistogramma sp. Nanay Melgar last year and hopefully someone still has some floating around? (not literally floating either) :lol: I had the young go up north so hope they ended up with someone who wanted to continue breeding them 8) Report
July 31, 200818 yr comment_254675 I just got some Borelli today They look a bit like male and female so hopefully i have a pair EDIT: has abyone got pics of borelli? So i can sex my 2 properly Cheers Report
July 31, 200818 yr comment_254717 I just got some Borelli today They look a bit like male and female so hopefully i have a pair EDIT: has abyone got pics of borelli? So i can sex my 2 properly Cheers http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthrea ... 305&t=7727 There's a male/female pic on there- female looks pretty different from the male. And taken from: http://articles.gpasi.org/apistogramma_borelli.html "The male is larger with a solid yellow head and his body is a silvery blue. His dorsal fin is twice as high as the females’. Both his dorsal and anal fins are sharply pointed and longer than the females’. The females are not a bland looking fish by any means. They are yellow with a black lateral line, a black vertical strip across the eyes, and the first two rays of the ventral fins are also black" Hope this helps Dixon! Report
July 31, 200818 yr comment_254721 Thanks!! Couldnt find that stuff lasttime i looked :-? My fis are a bit too young then i think. Only Kinda looks like male/female now :lol: Report
July 31, 200818 yr Author comment_254785 I have Apistogramma viejita- (pair) Thats another one thats really cool. So we can confirm 5 so far from a possible 250 identified species and 77 allowed by NZ Bio Security. I know of Panduro so thats 6. Any more out there? Report
August 1, 200818 yr comment_254822 What about Eunotus(sp?) i dont have any but have seen them on trademe Report
August 1, 200818 yr comment_254870 I know there are panduro in the country, and i suspect pandurini ( in sure someone identified a difference). There should also be MacMasteri floating around, there were alot around a while back. I would like to think Trifasciata would be in NZ, Maybe someone can confirm this for me. It is sad to see that there are not many apistos around at the moment, they are great fish, at one stage we had 9 species, and 3 types of cockatoo. now it looks like we are struggling to confirm 9 species in NZ Report
August 1, 200818 yr Author comment_254895 pandurini is the same as Panduro Name: A. panduro Other Names: A. sp. Pandurini; A. sp. Blue-sky; A.sp. Azur It is sad to see that there are not many apistos around at the moment, they are great fish, at one stage we had 9 species, and 3 types of cockatoo. now it looks like we are struggling to confirm 9 species in NZ I know Hands, that is why I really want a full species list. I have owned Macmasteri and Inka and a few others but I was never serious about them. Its really sad actually that we can count 6 and maybe 7 if we count Eunotus and possibly 8 A.sp.Nanay/Melgar. I think that someone made a mistake in identifing one or the other of these so I am pretty sure that we had either Eunotus or Melgar but not both they look very similar. Report
August 2, 200818 yr comment_254949 I used to have a breeding pair of A.sp.pebas so they could still be around somewhere. Report
August 3, 200818 yr Author comment_255305 Total confirmed list is Agassizi Bitaeniata Borellii Cacatuoides Eunotus Panduro Viejita. Thats pretty disapointing, hopefully some more will pop up. Is there any people who would be interested in them if more were avaliable? Report
August 3, 200818 yr comment_255312 Yes definitly I want as many as I can lay my hands on :bounce: Report
August 3, 200818 yr comment_255316 I'm an apisto nut as well. Will have a talk to Bob at Redwood about getting some in. Report
August 4, 200818 yr comment_255445 Dont have the tank space but yes id be interested. Any excuse to set up another tank,hehe Report
August 6, 200818 yr Author comment_255822 I have at least 3 on my list of must haves :-) I really want Inka again as they are stunning fish elizabethae and trifasciata. There are probably others but chances of getting them are pretty slim. sp. Rio Mamor'e trifasciata etc Report
August 6, 200818 yr Author comment_255936 Dixon1990 wrote: Do we have Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis? No. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.