If fish made disaster movies would this tank be it?

Captain Conkout

Apparently everyone just gets along fine...

4 veil tale angels (150 - 250mm)

3 wild type angels

1 white angel

4 smaller angels

2 silver sharks (100mm)

4 tiger barbs

1 red tail shark

1 black shark

1 albino shark

4 female kirbis

1 male albino kirbis

7 black neons

1 neon

3 red neons

6 random tetras

10 lampeyes

3 ghost fish

3 golden bristlenose

3 brown bristlenose

1 plec

1 clown loach (100mm)

1 stripey loach

6 electric yellow chiclds

2 afra chiclids

4 convict chiclids

1 dwarf gourami

2 birhards

2 catfish

1 orange gourami

4 random neaons

15 snails

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 149871.htm

If the fish get on the fish get on.

You can tell by the state of the angels in the photo that aggression isn't a problem in his setup. If it was those angels would be shredded.

It's certainly not something I'd recommend, but you can see it's worked for them. I didn't notice those cichlid species though, that is a bit odd, I'd hope the convicts are single sex as things could get nasty later on. Still it's big enough for the other fish to move out of breeding sites.

Mixing GBA and BN isn't good though you're right there. Seeing more and more GBAs with black patches in stores and I'm not impressed. I've got crosses myself but it was by accident and wont happen again, and the crosses are kept seperate from my pure strains.

EDIT: Yeah if the cichlids are only babies he'd better inform the new owners of the problems that may occur later. It's a progression though, IME I've found you can tell a problem is coming up before it becomes a true problem and remove the aggressive tank mates.

They do all look healthy, sure not the mix i would have. I don't think other people should give him crap just because someone else has a different opinion, on the auction prior there was one guy that was way out of line. Just rude.

You also shouldn't mix daino's, tetras and any other fish that could cross breed. Does not mean people shouldn't keep them together, does it?

Just like the Yellow Tang thing a while back, nothing major wrong with it.

I noticed this the other day but didn't want to post..

The cichlids will be a problem basically because they will grow big enough to eat the others lol.. And afra/convicts can be nasty..

Should be no problem with the gba's and normals x breeding the cichlids should clean them out, however in a tank that size with hidey holes it is likely some would survive..

End of the day its common its a shame that if the person who buys it (if it sells at that price) will be getting setup for a fall if they don't know what they're doing and it may rip their heart out..

End of the day its common its a shame that if the person who buys it (if it sells at that price) will be getting setup for a fall if they don't know what they're doing and it may rip their heart out..

Very true, but we shouldn't pick on the seller as he may have been given the wrong info also.

having met the guy he was under the mind frame of i have a big tank and just want to fill it with whatever i can get cheaply. In his defence he wasnt very clued up on fish keeping but listened to advice he was given as opposed to just being criticised. sometimes friendly suggestions go down much better than straight out criticism

Im by no means saying he wasnt in the wrong, he just didnt know that he was until he got told

Yeah for sure maybe he is one that has only had contact with LFS info, which we all know can be dodgy and as a beginner didn't get lucky enough to talk to the only person who knew what he/she was doing?

Or he could have just brought his cichlids off someone who didn't give him advice on stocking etc?

Bottom line is this person is quite right in saying there is no problem at the moment and they are correct the fish and tank look great. It is the next buyer who may run into the problems.

As a young fella I bred and kept firemouths in a 2ft community tank on petshop advice :) No fish died but it was close.. After doing some research I got a bigger tank for them..

It is sure going to be interesting when they afra grow up :-? :roll:

i think that is all the fish but i wouldnt promise on that. thats all the ones that i can remember any how.

He may have forgotten that he has a Jag in there also and a few Texas :lol: