Peoples Frontosa activity

illusionz_NZ

Neat pics 8) :D Fingers crossed they do something for you real soon 8)

Yeah ours are nesting big time, Bert the big male shows interest in his lady friend rather often, seems he has a favourite. Have just cleared alot of tank occupants out of the fron tank so they more or less have no interruption now... Pretty sure we have seen a female possibly holding in one of the caves, she looked to be swilling too... and hasn't been out for food.. so who knows, short of pulling the darn tank apart, don't yet know... might have to investigate in a few days time :lol:

Here is Bert and his fav lady friend.. 8)

P1050549.jpg

awesome :D yep funny when you go back and look at pics of when we first got them and how big they have grown now. all rest of fish doing well.

here are 2 pics of my dom male and 2 other female pics. playing around with a good camera at the mo. love it :lol:

323968194.jpg

323968181.jpg

323968191.jpg

323968187.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Sharkie and lynnie, the batch I have at the moment is spoken for but they have been holding about once a month, by the sounds of it i'd say the others (african, nimbochromis illusionz etc) wont be too far away either so you may want to get some a little closer to your area. If not just let me know im sure we could sort something out. (definately selling them for a reasonable price too david) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your idea of 'reasonable price' I guess. IMO they're over-priced. The value is high simply because they are new and there are a lot of people wanting to keep them (myself included) and not many people breeding them.

Give it 2-3-5 years and they'll be in every LFS in the country for >$20 for juvi's, IMO. ;)

Hi Fonty fans. Good to see some breeding success out there.

My guys and gals are doing well. Last month I moved them from the 1300 L display tank into there own 1000 L tank. They seem to like it, as there are 3 females holding at the moment. I striped a female last week that had been holding for 35 days and got 30 beautiful fry from her. . This was her first hold so was really surprised how many she held.

Who knows were the price of Fronts will end up. My biggest fair is seeing them get to cheep and people not giving them the care they deserve. I saw a lone unhappy front in with a bunch of mbuas the other day. Not a good look.

I should have quite a few available in a few months. Send me a PM if you are after some.