With power prices increasing .....

smidey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we use more power when the kids leave the heater on in their room all day whilst they are at school than what our marine tank uses at the moment!

Our power bills are always freaky...

I think we use more power when the kids leave the heater on in their room all day whilst they are at school than what our marine tank uses at the moment!

Our power bills are always freaky...

nice, i had a flatmate that heated his room with his elctric blanket while he was at work. pulled all the top covers off the bed & cranked it on full. :x

Oh dear. Sorry guys, but the worst mine has been in the last 6 years is $215 - that was a mistake by the power company and they credited $80 back. I guess it helps to have a wetback. At this time of year the power bill is about $120. Last week, I paid $97, actual reading.

Sorry, but I count myself as one of the lucky ones. $458-00 would be my entire food and bill payments for 2 months! :D (Living on a budget works for me! ! ! :roll: )

Oh dear. Sorry guys, but the worst mine has been in the last 6 years is $215 - that was a mistake by the power company and they credited $80 back. I guess it helps to have a wetback. )

thats high for having a wet back. my parents have one,last year they had the lowest bill ever for them, $13. This winter with raised power charges they have had bills of $25. :o

8 people in my house, 5 rooms (one being a loft on the top floor with no door) and everyone hates the cold so heaters are almost always on. No one can be bothered waiting for oil heaters to heat up the room too so it's nice expensive to run fan heaters for everyone!

Powerbill last month was close to 700 and that was before I started turning my halides on for 12 hours a day.

It's only getting colder too..... :cry:

Our last was the highest we have ever had at $299.91.

2 adults, 2 heatpumps, 1 tank, lots of electrical equipment running (some 24/7).

Last bill was costing us $7.36 per day but this bill said it was $9.98 per day. :-?

We also have a gas bill on top of this and the cost of gas is horrendous these days.

nice, i had a flatmate that heated his room with his elctric blanket while he was at work. pulled all the top covers off the bed & cranked it on full. :x

That's stupid. They're usually only 50 watts. Which won't even heat the room noticably. But at least he could run it 24 hours a day all month for about $7.50.

I see we are all doing our power saving for the country.....haha

about $100 a month for power

Reef central has a tank power consumption calculator, you just have to change the cost per unit to match your power companies. And it tells you the cost.