First look at the new setup

Pies

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had any problems with it putting dust in the house, perhaps it depends on what the insulation is, or how old the house is. I agree it doesn't cool the house in summer but the heater in the system avoids the cold in winter. I just have the timer set for half hour on, half hour off overnight - so its only on for about 4 hrs a day.

Still wouldn't be without it :)

Cheers

Jude (who is going to be accused of being off-topic if she doesn't shut-up)

Jude - Its my thread, go for it. I want to install a aircon/dvs/heatpump as some stage... So many options, so much money.

Control - How do you know that?

I need to concentrate on getting this sump room finished. The cealing is done, coats on there tonight! W00t. Should be 'finished' by Sunday! AWESOME!

Not long until the big move... SCARY!

Pie

Pies wrote

Control - How do you know that?

I have an Daikin heat pump system, they are the best if you are going to get one.

I deliberately oversized it for the requirement and don't regrett it.

I also have a Delonghi Eco, I will never buy that brand again.

The next dehumidifier that I buy will be a Suki or Mitshubishi since they are supposed to be as good as each other in reliabilty. The Suki has a few less features but they're 1/3 the price so I'll probably get a Suki

Heat pumps and dehumidifiers have an automatic cutoff regardless of setting so the humidity will not go below a certain level.

I think the recomended level for Humans 60% or 65% which is where most heathumps go to. Dehumidifiers can have theres safety cutoff at around 50%.

Dehumidifier have the advantage that they pass the air through the hot part of the cycle before the cold which keeps the temp coming out of them pretty much room temp.

Heatpump when in cold or dehumidify mode only pass the air through the cold part of the cycle because the heat is at the other end in these modes, so when in dehumidify they can be a bit cool on the room.

Most deliberatly limit the fan speed when in dehumidifie mode to lesson the the level of cold air that gets pushed into the room

The biggest problem with heatpumps is that they don't work as a dehumidifier when in the hot cycle becase the cold part of the cycle is then outside at the compressor end because the cycle is reversed. So in the winter when you need it the most you have to use them on auto heat which will case them to switch betwen hot and cold to mantain the temperature, this make them more expensive to run.

Dispite that they are the best and most efficient way to heat and cool a house.

Pies if you do get a heatpump system don't get a ducted one installed.

Get a big outside unit and put individual units in the rooms you want , this give you far better controll

If you don't get a Daikin make sure that the compressor varies it's speed to control the refridgerant instead of stopping and starting as alot of cheaper brands do. Stopping and starting is the biggest killer of a compressor.

If you've got the money get Daikin, it is the best.

Aaron

Consumer Magazine put the Woods Dehumidifier as one of the better performing ones. You used to be able to buy them at the Warehouse at a much lower price than the Mitsubishi's.

I however have had a mitsubishi dehumidifier for the past 4 years and have had no problem with them...

... Got one for my father as well and that dried out his place in a couple of months... the house is much warmer now without all that moisture in the house.

Go get a Woods dehumidifier if you can find one.

Haven't seen the latest consumer.

When there up at that level of quality the value for money and how many litres they remove is my only issue.

Wok

How many litres does the Woods remove and do they rate the quality as high as the others.

Aaron.

Right, first off lets drop all this dehumidifier crap and get on with some good old tank lovin.

Here is a pic of the tank is situ with the collar fitted. Jane is in the forground to provide scale.

piesumproom260405_15.jpg

Same but this time without Jane.

piesumproom260405_16.jpg

Things are looking good for the tank coral wise, time to sit back and watch it grow and take shape.

Also had the pleasue of RnB visiting tonight, always a pleasure entertaining a JAFAs ;) Good to see you again, hope to pop up for a visit sooner rather than later, again thanks for the loan of the book.

PS: Anyone who can help me find some rotifers would be helping me out a great deal.

Enjoy.

Pies