fundraising ideas

shadowfax

Yeah the sausage sizzles do really well outside The Warehouse.. and the odd supermarkets.... especially at this time of the year when someone want's something warm in their tummy... I hope you guys really make a good go of it and the club takes off :D

its for the central districts rabbit & cavy club so if we can get the gala day off the ground it will be a mini rabbit show for pet rabbits etc. not alot of people even know there are rabbit shows so drumming up support for the club will be interesting..to say the least!

Oh great stuff :D :D I used to show pedigree rabbits for rather a number of years (gave up when I got pregnant just over 5 years ago), bred and showed Dutch, Flemish Giant, and Standard Rex... and went into a syndicate to import Mini Rex into the country.... aswell as exported some pedigree stock that I bred overseas. Maybe the Rabbit Council of NZ could give you some tips on making a go of it? Are you affiliated with them as yet? I used to travel to Auckland once or twice a month for showing... However, we ended up running one of our own here in HB as a one off and it was really successful, and we had a heap of backing, best bet is to go for as much sponsorship as you can... We got sponsoring from more than we imagined... even pet product wholesalers...

So glad to hear you guys are really going to make a go of it in having more of a central based Club etc

I don't know about elsewhere but I believe our Mitre 10 and Warehouse BBQ spots are booked up many months in advance! :-?

Grocery raffles are always popular.

Anywhere your club can gather a trailer load of wood to raffle off?

My sense of humour is well and truely still with me.... 8) But this is shadowfax's thread and it may be funny to some but not all, and it was a tad negative considering she is trying to get a club up and running for rabbits and cavys... so she clearly loves them ;)

I don't think Calicivirus is a good idea anyway.

I have heard that quite a lot of them now have got an immunity to the virus and the numbers are nearly as high as before the introduction of the virus :roll:

clever post conch, :D

tend to agree with afrikan

i only open my mouth to change feet

had a similar post sorted, but thought better of it :wink:

Shadowfax, have you thought of going to NRM or one of the other feed producers and purchasing or having donated large sacks of rabbit pellets etc. then selling them to members of club for a small profit for club

anyone have 2nd hand hutches or capable of making some to sell for funds

good luck with the fundraising

How about those chocolate bars that Cadbury does for schools and other non-profit organizations to sell? Not sure who you'd need to contact about them, but I came across a lady from Habitat for Humanity selling them, so it's obviously not just for schools (which I thought it was at first).

Can't go past chocolate as a good seller 8)

thanks for all your suggestions, they all seem to be worth looking into. rcd is not funny, having lost a mum & her kits to it awhile ago i know first hand what it can do. would be the same if someone let some virus loose that wiped out peoples fish.

we have just dealt with rcd as well

14 rabbits gone all dwarf lops that were running loose and our customers would feed them by hand

not nice

apparently a large local subdivision project was having a rabbit problem, so someone sorted it out

silly idiots

at least the 4 left maybe resistant

The trouble is the virus RCD brought into the country at any given time can mutate into different strains of the virus... so if the vets only have the vaccine for one, and your rabbit if vaccinated.. it will cover the strain that it is vaccinated against, but not any mutated strains.... if that makes sense... so vaccinating, sure go ahead, but it is not 100% safe against you losing your pet 8)

The vets cannot keep up with the vaccines that have been needed in the past... I have looked into this extensively through having very good show animals and not wanting to risk losing them... And needless to say, it would be the most horrific thing, seeing your beautiful pets dying in such a painful way...

How about those chocolate bars that Cadbury does for schools and other non-profit organizations to sell? Not sure who you'd need to contact about them, but I came across a lady from Habitat for Humanity selling them, so it's obviously not just for schools (which I thought it was at first).

Can't go past chocolate as a good seller 8)

i was going to suggest that also :)