June 21, 200818 yr comment_245072 Am looking at getting a camera remote for my Canon 400D so I can do landscapes with my tripod. Was looking at trademe and they have Infra-red wireless remotes for $16 and wired ones for $18. Why are the wireless ones so cheap? are they any good, I dont want something cheap that will crap out on me. And because everyone loves photos, here is one I took today- Report
June 21, 200818 yr comment_245075 nice pic david is the remote so you can take a picture while the silverback "cuddles" you ? Report
June 21, 200818 yr comment_245087 I dont want something cheap that will crap out on me. you will get what you pay for if you are worried go and buy a real one that wont give you a problem Report
June 21, 200818 yr Author comment_245101 nice pic david is the remote so you can take a picture while the silverback "cuddles" you ? Haha, something like that... no its more for when you are using slow shutter speeds, you dont shake the camera Report
June 21, 200818 yr comment_245107 You might have trouble with infrared outside on a bright, sunny day, depending how far away you are. For reliability I would go for a wired one. Report
June 21, 200818 yr comment_245108 As an el-cheapo alternative until you get your remote.....you can use the self timer to take a hands free pic. Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245125 Most cameras also have a timer function. Then you don't need to waste money buying a remote. Timer will do the same thing. Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245126 Looks like I need to finish reading the replies before I post and make myself look like an idiot. :lol: Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245131 Only problem is, when you are doing macro shots and you want to use mirror lockup so that even the mirror shifting doesnt shake the camera. You can't use the timer and mirror lockup at the same time. Hence where the remote comes in 8) Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245132 Only problem is, when you are doing macro shots and you want to use mirror lockup so that even the mirror shifting doesnt shake the camera. You can't use the timer and mirror lockup at the same time. Hence where the remote comes in 8) What does mirror lockup mean? Report
June 22, 200818 yr comment_245139 What does mirror lockup mean? I was wondering too. I Googled it and found... http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutor ... lock.shtml HTH Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.