PICTURES OF YOU PLECOS!

A-town...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

love the second one phoenix,what is it?

i want to post up mine but the computer is not behaving :evil: got sooooooooo many pics to post on here for like 20 different threads when i can.

untill then i have....

one pair normal bn,one 30cm pleco and my new pride and glory,breeding colony of gba (X5)

2689607910060019373S500x500Q85.jpg

This is our gold spot, he is a lot bigger now.

2534007780060019373S500x500Q85.jpg

This is our goldspot and our bristlenose having a moment together.

2712749530060019373S500x500Q85.jpg

This is the same bristlenose, but his bristles are a lot bigger now. We have another in our quarantine tank that we are hoping is a girl (as there are no bristles appearing yet) and may pair up.

whats this one called and also where do you get your cane from? Do you keep all yours in the same tank or how many to each tank and how big are the tanks? Sorry for all the questions.

its a gold nugget pleco, gets to around 30cm (I think) not sure of L no.s though

second one is an L018

First pic, is a bit confusing but L081 comes to mind.

The Gold Nugget Pleco is in fact a group of very similar-looking fish. Differences in coloration determine the fish's L-number:

L018 - Gold Nugget Pleco "Medium Spot"

L081 - Gold Nugget Pleco "Small Spot"

L177 - Gold Nugget Pleco "Large Spot"

that was off an auction of trademe...?

whats this one called and also where do you get your cane from? Do you keep all yours in the same tank or how many to each tank and how big are the tanks? Sorry for all the questions.

As the others have said these are gold nugget pleco's. They can be very aggressive towards each other but these 2 share a tank quite happily, I think they are a male and female.

I got the giant bamboo from a farmer somewhere in my travels, I don't remember where exactly now, there is heaps in northland if you know anyone up that way.

I have many tanks and spread my pleco's around. The most I have in one tank is 3 x L066 , 3 x L270 and 3 x L104 in a 4 footer but that's about to change as the L270 are eating the L104 eggs so the L104 are going into a 3 footer of their own