June 9, 200818 yr comment_241744 hi there i want to breed some bugs like locusts,roaches for my dragons can anyone put up any pic's of there Enclosures. Also whats the best food for mealworms Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241754 Glad you asked this Puffadragon... I was looking at doing the same thing, I threw some big locusts in for our dragon Albert to scoff and two started mating in the tank.. next thing the female is laying eggs everywhere... and they are dripping down off the wooden log all down onto the bottom and partially over the dragon, and he had a big scoff on them :roll: I would love to breed some locusts also, or at least give them a whirl too Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241767 i breed my mealworms in bran and sliced carrot for moisture ,the adult beetles also lay there eggs in the carrot and the cycle goes on .. Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241771 I will write an article on breeding crickets and locust when I have some time. As snookie says feed mealworms bran and carrot (and apple). Dont chuck out your bran after all your adults die as you normally have to wait a while for the young to hatch. Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241782 Mealworms are easy, as said bran and I just throw in a whole carrot,Then leave them. will try get pic up of locust breeding but I just have them in 4 ft glass tank with sand, some branches, 150 watt bulb, feed them grass and poultry mash, Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241790 also like lettuce and love bread,, brown, white, multi grain etc,, if i new how to put pic here would show pic of my locust set up,, Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241792 Here is a link to explain how alien4 8) Easy process.. http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/posting-pics-in-the-forum-vt2406.html Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241793 I buy my insects from alien4, she sends great and slightly amusing info sheets with them so easy as to care for them and they stay alive and healthy for ages 2. I keep the mealworms in lettuce and bran. And the locusts in a tank with a heat source, water, glass and sticks. Funny as most people think i keep insects as pets when they see them set up by the beardy tank. Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241798 easy, think i have to go to computer basic school :oops: will have a go so warning ahead dont laugh,, Report
June 9, 200818 yr Author comment_241863 I just found some big roaches in a old wood stack about 3 cm long very dark in colour going to put them in a large bin with lid and get'm breeding will let you no how it gose Report
June 9, 200818 yr comment_241868 wilson was breeding slaters for his frog very easy by the sounds of it dont know if they would be much of a meal for a beardie tho Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_241917 God I am such an idiot... :lol: :lol: Lemme just get them back on :lol: Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_242008 well thats a bit different too what I saw at your place over summer Alien Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_242020 yes a major change,, they out grew it in numbers, the breeding them has grown on me, hehe still wanting to go bigger, :lol: Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_242025 go bigger then you could have locusts in biblical proportions Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_242081 alien4 is that vermiculite ur using for the egg laying or. . . ? Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_242087 What's the cost of the power useage with a locust set up? I'm keen to give it a try but since I only have 2 baby water dragons I wondered if it was still cheaper to buy rather than do my own? Report
June 10, 200818 yr comment_242112 just good old sand, from the plant bran,, Not ever from beach to salty, etc Power,, i would'nt have the foggest idea how much i use, or cost with the beardies, locusts etc and now having the fire going as heat time for light and heat change often, plus im not the bill payer, so what i dont see don't hurt :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.