What are these?

aquab

Well what should i do then? They are eating fine and swimming but yes they do sit on the bottom alot.

When i picked them up they were in a bucket ( about 10litres) and 3 of them had already died. Then transfered them to the chilibin to transport home and set up the tank. Left them in the chili bin for 3 hours with heater and air stone but my daughters tried to touch them and the pleco freaked and killed 4 more, including what i think was a Neolamprologus brichardi.

What else can i do...?

I would stick some rocks and stuff in the tank.. lol No need to worry about snails with big africans they will be eaten :) Id say this is why they look so scared they have no hidey holes :(

Is your filter cycled?

I have no idea what those little ones are could be little bumblebee's but seem the wrong shape/colour to me?

I am not convinced on the headshape of that fish..

BTW the bacteria for cycling a filter live in the media and a little bit in the rocks etc in the tank. There would be stuff all in the water that will help your filters... When setting up a new tank I use dechlorinated water and take some media out of an extablished filter and its done.. As long as the water is clean and the media cycled it will be fine..

Are they about 1- 2 cm ?

judging by suction cup

our young bumblebees are darker but then your adults are pale at the moment

paleness may be trying to blend into substrate

give them some things to hide amongst, flowerpots, old plastic jars anything inert

following ryans advice get filtermedia from existing canister on other tank and change over, maybe partial waterchange,