Fish photos with my new macro lens!

oeminx

Thanks for the complements everyone the camera i was using is a canon 40d with a 17-85 mm lens but i had another +10 macro lens/filter screwed into the front of the 17-85mm lens so over all it can focus down to 30mm. I have never used a photo tank, have thought about building one tho.

Ok off to try and get one of them threadfins, it would be very cool to get one displaying.

Ahh

the 400d is the one Im going to get

If you think about a photo tank, get in touch as I may be ably to help (Im a glass merchant)

You should use low ion glass as that is dead clear instead of the blue green of normal glass. I dont know that it would make all that much of a difference but my suppliers have given me some.

Hay Barrie good choice in camera i love the 40d haven't tried the 400. also for a photo tank you think it would be possible to cut a glass strip 80mm wide? because i was thinking of dimensions around 300x300x80 mm.

I have also got some more photos once again enjoy.

borneosuckerwebkq0.jpg

Borneo Sucker

cardinalweblw0.jpg

Cardinal

paradisefish2webqe6.jpg

Paradise

Finally i got one displaying

threadfindisplayflashweto4.jpg

Rainbow Threadfin

threadfindisplaywebvx3.jpg

Rainbow Threadfin

easy to cut mate

My only question would be why 300 x 300?

I made a couple for a friend a few months back and made them 300 high but only about 100 wide and 50 deep. The idea was to keep the fish in a more confined area making photos easier to set up... keep in mind that I keep Killis

Hardest thing is that you cant clean the inside silicone off so when photographing that has to be considered

:bow::bow: Beautiful pics, so clear!

I'm terrible at taking pics good thing it's a digital so I can take many with hopes of getting one good pic :oops: :oops: :evil:

Love that you also included the names of the fishies :bow::bow:

Caper

yer the DOF (depth of field) is a bit limited but because the GAE was moving around a lot and the macro filter is basically a magnifying glass, there for camera shake got magnified also so i needed the extra shutter speed. I also tried using a flash but it washed the photo out, i could 1600 iso instead of 800 i suppose.