Lighting question

tinytawnykitten

Yeah I thought it should be higher, it is full of limestone rock and coral. What else should I do?

IMO if they're happy and healthy then you don't need to do anything else. Just make sure when adding new fish that they are gradually acclimatised if they come from a higher pH.

• 5 weeks later...

Well there's the original one, and the double aquaone lighthood has one which says 15000k 30W tri-power light and it has a whitey purpley light, and the other says 10000k 30W superlight and it is a very bright white.

As you can tell I know nothing about it but it looks real purty :D

Osram have a bulb out called Skywhite looks quite nice around the 10k mark.

So in that range they have the 840 (4000k) cool white, 860 Bright white (6500k) and 880 Sky Bright (10000k)

All should be around the same price.

I went to a local bunnings to look at some balasts etc, but I think unless you know exactly what you need, and ask them to get it for you otherwise they will just tell you to goto an aquarium ? I went to bunnings to ask about remote balasts and some aquarium lighting they just told me to goto an aquarium when I told them it's for a fishtank. The fluorescent lights I see there are all fairly low wattage.

Hi Tinytawnykitten,

Your tank looks cool :D

I got one of those lights from Origin Aquatics too and it makes my tank look so much better, and the plants are growing lots better now.

Thanks , it is very bright! 8)

Do you find yours gets really hot on the black case? Mine is almost too hot to touch.