Aequidens rivulatus/Green Terror

DSC00692.jpg

Elec. Yellow & Female Tropheus Duboisi

Mum.jpg

Satanoperca jurupari(female?)

DSC00689.jpg

Holding Melanochromis johannii

DSC00662.jpg

Here is a pic of George our Chocolate Cichlid, he is the sire to rather a few of the babes that I sent around the NI... I am just setting up a tank for them in the lounge and going to start breeding them again... they are desperate to get multiplying again :D

Chocolate Cichlid - Hypselecara temporalis

P1050639.jpg

Can i just say firenzenz THANK YOU :hail:(and anyone else who did too)For naming the species of each fish in your photos. :bow:

For someone who has a bit of trouble getting my head around all the african cichlid species and colour strains, it helps to know what you are looking at and browsing threads like this one are often an excellent way of learning what is what. I love admiring photos of fish but am increasingly fustrated when someone puts up beautiful photos of fish and doesn't say what they are.

What is the point of showing something to people who can't fully appreiciate it because they don't know what they are looking at?

I put some names on my pictures :oops:

Thank you Tiden. :hail: Was a big help. As it was i thought the pic you posted of the "Aequidens rivulatus/Green Terror " was just a blue acara. and my untrained eye would have called your "Melanochromis johannii " an electric yellow.

A perfect example of why it pays to label your photos clearly. Even if you don't know what it is, if you state that fact, someone else may be able to id for you.

p.s i love livingarts "yourguessisgoodasminikus" and Marklb's "Melanochromis Takeaguess" :lol:

I better go edit my pics and put in full names instead of naughty abbrevs.. I slapping my own hand :lol:

Tiden... I missed your pics!!! Just saw them now, great stuff... we have 4 Gold Saums... gotta love their spunk aye! :lol:

And is that one of the Johanni I bred?

Can i just say firenzenz THANK YOU :hail:(and anyone else who did too)For naming the species of each fish in your photos. :bow:

For someone who has a bit of trouble getting my head around all the african cichlid species and colour strains, it helps to know what you are looking at and browsing threads like this one are often an excellent way of learning what is what. I love admiring photos of fish but am increasingly fustrated when someone puts up beautiful photos of fish and doesn't say what they are.

What is the point of showing something to people who can't fully appreiciate it because they don't know what they are looking at?

Sorry :oops: Fixed now

I better go edit my pics and put in full names instead of naughty abbrevs.. I slapping my own hand :lol:

Even abbrevs are better than nothing. but a full scientific name (if known) is awesome.

i did name my ones a few posts later

shall i go back and edit loopy?

Yes i noticed you had named the fish in a couple of your posts :hail:

I would be very grateful if you would name the others too please? :D

Big thanks to those who have edited their posts. :hail:

HandS - You have some great apistos there! I have had my eye on Panduros for a while and they are growing on me!! Just gotta get the fish room sorted first :roll:

Is my photography that bad... :lol:

It looks really grainy after being edited in picasa (too cheap for photoshop!), and the red looks artificial, in real life the fin is much more orange and the red around his head doesnt look like its been added on with MSPaint! :P

Johannii Male

DSC04767640x480.jpg

Johannii Female

DSC04768640x480.jpg

Young Jacob's

MaleJacob.jpg

Young Baenshi

Baenshimale.jpg

Male Fryeri

DSC00207800x600.jpg

Female fryeri holding

DSC00228800x600.jpg

Dragons blood male

dragonsblood.jpg

Ob zebra

OBsmall.jpg

Red Zebra

redzeb.jpg

Maleri

DSC03314Small.jpg

Male Demasoni

DSC03185Small.jpg

Ice blue

DSC02274.jpg

Red shoulder

DSC02291.jpg

Lol thats all I have uploaded at the moment :)

Awesome pics everyone :)