Hypancistrus sp.L136

firenzenz

thats wicked !!! firenzenz reckon this is the first time spawned in nz (or is someone goona claim that theres an unreported spawning of these aswell ) :o good lookin adult too congrads on the spawn looks like we have a new plecogod in the country . :hail: ... can wait to see what the babies look like

hopefully these will be in the country a long time to come thanks to you

im sure catbrat will try to claim he told ya how to build the cave anyway lmao 8)

Im not a pleco fiend but does it really matter I mean seriously......cant we just say it was a shame that no fry came of it and move on....

Great news Fire....but since there is no pictures of eggs/wrigglers im guessing no one believes you :lol: :bounce: :bounce:

Im not a pleco fiend but does it really matter I mean seriously......cant we just say it was a shame that no fry came of it and move on....

Great news Fire....but since there is no pictures of eggs/wrigglers im guessing no one believes you :lol: :bounce: :bounce:

Well put Tiden. I agree that at this stage it's an unsustaintiated report and should in all honesty remain so until I get some further shots. I'm trying not to upset new Dad too much just yet but will get some pics soon.

While the breeding itself is probably more important than who did it or who was first I cant agree that documentation isn't important. Without it stories of past spawns, fry, babies etc are just that-stories. No sour grapes, no throwing toys, but opinions of worth are based on facts

Snowflake is LDA 33 -a barancistrus species like gold nugget.

Snowball is L102 -a hypancistrus species that gets big like king tigers.

There were some around 2-3yrs ago so hopefully some still around.

The 136 are smaller hypancistrus like L046.

Update-

P6030297.jpg

the babies are almost finished their larval stage and becoming fry. They look to be about 7mm so hopefully will exit the cave in the next week.

Red circle shows a couple of the young, and yellow square is of another female( different from first Mum), who is hanging around outside.