Auckland - Wellington is GO for Sunday 8th June

We are 80% likely going up to Auckland (driving) for the weekend on the 5th or 6th of June and returning on the 8th. I just wanted to put it out there if anyone from Wellington wants some fishies brought back for them from Aucks. Don't get too excited yet cos we need to confirm with the peeps in Auckland we're going to see, but just wanted to give y'all a heads up. I'll let you know when I know for sure.

Discount on bulk lots purchase from me 5x for $40 while stock last :D

Last lot wont be breeding these for a while

Maylandia Greshakei 5-8cm

Copadichromis borleyi 5-8

Cyrtocara Moorii 5cm

Before committing please check with tinytawnykitten to see if the trip is going ahead and if they can be accommodated ! I have a big Polly box happy to donated it to the course :bow:

.... and where were you before Tawny? LOL! :D

Save some room for me on ya way back, (er, I mean for fish if I can get any!)

Come on Aucks people, wat big fishies can come back wif Tawny for me? LOL! :lol:

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

We still have the barbs and the redheads Mystic :wink:

Ok so we are all set to go to Auckland, leaving Wellington at midday on Thursday the 5th of June, most likely straight through (with the obligatory stops one makes when one has a 3 year old) and then back from Auckland on Sunday 8th June. I have a Honda Odyssey and we won't need much luggage so we will have room for fish. I am happy to collect fish from people's houses in Auckland with a contribution for around-Auckland petrol costs. And then fish will need to be collected from my place on the evening (hopefully we won't be arriving home at some ungodly hour!!). So, if you would like some fishies brought down to Wellington from Auckland (or vice versa!), let me know!! :bounce:

Just to clarify a couple of things.

I am happy to bring fish back from Auckland but am not able to stop along the way, ie Hamilton, Taupo, etc.

I am not experienced at bagging fish, and I won't have time, so please have fish bagged up for transporting when I am coming to collect.

While I will be super attentive, I can't be responsible for fish which don't arrive in the condition you were expecting.

I hope I don't sound all meany but just need to make sure the day doesn't turn into a train wreck!! :lol:

Just to clarify a couple of things.

I am happy to bring fish back from Auckland but am not able to stop along the way, ie Hamilton, Taupo, etc.

I am not experienced at bagging fish, and I won't have time, so please have fish bagged up for transporting when I am coming to collect.

While I will be super attentive, I can't be responsible for fish which don't arrive in the condition you were expecting.

I hope I don't sound all meany but just need to make sure the day doesn't turn into a train wreck!! :lol:

I totally agree, :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Got here to the Big Smoke and brought some fish up for some peeps. Sorry Mystic (just got too complicated) and Blueandkim (too far to go collect the fish) that your fish transport didn't work out but I'm sure a courier will be just as effective (and even bring them to your house!). :) Loved having a drool at HFF (both branches!). Heading home with more fish tomorrow. Yay! :bounce:

Tinytawny, your fish are safe at ryans place :D as he said waiting for your pick up... I hope you love them and can't wait to see some pics of them in your tank... they are truely lovely looking boys 8)

Hope you are having a good trip 8)

All good, the effort was appreciated anyways :) I think it just wasn't meant to happen if the seller can't help with meeting you when you have such a long drive with a toddler to deal with. Plenty more fish in the sea and I hope the trip was good for you!

Safe driving tomorrow!

Just have to thank Johannes for the awesome fish, and also tinytawny again for taking fish up and bringing fish back..

This is one of the good things about these forums finding like minded people who will help you about :) Certainly makes up for all the bad things about it!

Anyway thanks again and tinytawny I hope you enjoyed your trip and you didn't stress too much about everyelses fish and your fish are all happy in your tank and you enjoy them.

Thanx for trying to help. :)

Appreciated muchly. :)

Hmm yeah I didn't help at all in the end though. Sorry :( And what a bummer this is going to cost you $215 to get them down to Wellington. They must be some fantastic fish! :)

And yeah had a great time, love seeing my fish swimming in my tank now. Will put up pics this week.

Oh I am rapt they are doing good :) And so pleased they have gone to a great home... 3 of those boys I bred myself, so they are more so special, and just glad they have gone to someone who will really appreciate them as much as we did 8)