Individuals Pleco Collections...

Afrikan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods, shall i start a new topic? and we can sticky that

we need to ensure its not a 'discussion thread' that its merely a 'reporting thread' pictures too.

so we just tell people what we have, maybe one has a male, one has a female - and people can breed them even!

also, picture would help confirm L numbers in case that was misidentified.

You are so funny Henward.

Picture will only spark up the debate as you need to assume that the identification pictures that you are comparing the subject fish to are in fact correctly identified.

I think the topic will be hard to make it not a discussion again.

Perhaps we need two topics. One being the collections, and one being the discussion.

The first post on the collections should contain a link to the discussion topic and a few words on no discussions here blah blah blah, follow this link for the discussions. and a reminder to subscribe to both topics if you want to follow the discussions.

You are so funny Henward.

Picture will only spark up the debate as you need to assume that the identification pictures that you are comparing the subject fish to are in fact correctly identified.

I think the topic will be hard to make it not a discussion again.

Perhaps we need two topics. One being the collections, and one being the discussion.

The first post on the collections should contain a link to the discussion topic and a few words on no discussions here blah blah blah, follow this link for the discussions. and a reminder to subscribe to both topics if you want to follow the discussions.

agreed!

sorry i didnt know that people argued like that lol

but ok, fair call

• 2 months later...

You cant force anyone to list them, but it would be a shame to lose a species iin NZ when "bob" in Dunedin has a male and "jane' in Invercargil has a female, both grow old and die, and little did we know they were the last 2. This is something I think that will happen more and more as natural habitats dwindle, it is the same reason that Zoos have exchange programs going. It keeps the blood lines clean and ensures the continuation of the species.

We can only try to do this and hope that people can see the long term benefit clear enough to put aside petty rivalry and share their knowledge and resource.

I'm happy to offer the stud services of my Dull-eyed Royal, though it would be a loan and local only as I don't want to ship. But agree it would be nice to keep stock plentiful in NZ if we can.

PlecJune20122.jpg

Or studette services, I'm not sure how to tell the sex.