Aquaone cf1200 or Fluval 404?

Dixon1990

To be honest with you Dixon, and we keep rather a few external canisters... I can't stand fluval, I think they are overated and overpriced... we have run the CF Aqua One range and they have been much more robust and reliable and far more efficient with filtration.

I vote CF1200.

Aquaone had an issue with the isolation valves leaking out the valve stem a year or so ago. But apart from that I have found them to be pretty bulletproof. Good filter, good price. Found it to not to rattle or be poorly made.

I would go for the Aquaone. I'm pretty sure I have one running my knife fish tank, I've never had any problems with the cleaning or anything. It's actually easier to clean than the fluval and cheaper. Ohh I just thought of another great thing I don't think theres an o-ring in the aquaone. The only problem I found was finding a bucket it would fit in. I have an old fluval 403 and you can't get parts my impeller shaft is a cotton bud with the ends pulled off. But my aquaone is great havent had any problems! If I was buying I'd go for the Aquaone for price and ease of use

I run 4 Fluval cansiters 204,304 & 2 404's and have been for a couple of years, no problems with any of them. Very quiet and I love the way the levers work on the hoses prevent water leaking when carrying out maintainance, much easier than the 403 series.

By the way I have second hand parts for the 403's if anyone is interested.

Let me know.

I cant jave a loud filter lol, ITs going to be in my room lol.

Well the Fluval one ive got here, I dont really like, Last time i tried it it leaked :-?

I had a cf1200 on my discus tank that was situated about 2 metres away from the head of my bed.

So long as you dont allow air into filter itself , it is pretty silent. I coluld hear the airpumps in the lounge more than the aqua one.

Aqua one is my choice. best value for money in my opinion

I forgot to mention earlier, we keep eheim pro, aqua one CFs and Aquis range, and different size fluvals, and after finishing off our fish shed, we didn't need as many canisters, and it was the fluvals that we got rid of. We haven't had many problems with canisters over time, but when we have had, it has been fluval that has featured everytime and been a right royal pain in the behind.. :-? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
go with aqua one.. I have a 404 that I have saved as my last filter to setup I have setup the aqua one ones first.. My FX5 however is a wicked filter :) But that is way out of price range..

I would love an FX5. There are a couple available online at the moment and look like being reasonable prices. (If you are in that price range, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Jebo 819 (1200LPH) for my new tank, very nicely made and a very good price, got it locally (PM me for suppliers details) $155 new.

Easy to set-up (comes with all media) 5 separate filter media trays and a nice easy start once filled via separate fill plug, even with empty hoses (something my old fluval will not do.)

Taps fit well and are sealed with 'O' rings for no leaks and very easy removal, no silly spring loaded auto close valves that just clog and stay open like my old 304.

So far I like it very much...