External Filter that does UV & heats as well

dcase

^ Best option. I'd never buy one of those do-it-all canisters, what happens if the impeller breaks, you're left with no filtration and no light!

Also, how do they work, if they're circulating enough water to filter the tank then its probably going way too fast for the UV...

Sump would be god but would not solve main issue ...

.... of having 4 devices in the tank ... filter, heater, UV Steriliser & Airpump .... each with it's own power cord, etc

& sure an impellor could break but so could the multi box I have servicing the power cords.

mine is a 90 litre tank (although I am looking at setting up more in the garage where I have 4 empty tanks) and am thinking another four paoer cords for each (what a nightmare) ... it's got to be easier.

Thx for the responses

regards

.... of having 4 devices in the tank ... filter, heater, UV Steriliser & Airpump .... each with it's own power cord, etc

& sure an impellor could break but so could the multi box I have servicing the power cords.

mine is a 90 litre tank (although I am looking at setting up more in the garage where I have 4 empty tanks) and am thinking another four paoer cords for each (what a nightmare) ... it's got to be easier.

Thx for the responses

regards

Multiboxes cost $5 and take 30 seconds to replace.

And you're stressing over just 4 plugs? My marine tank had, if I'm counting right, 20 plugs on 4 different power strips. 4 plugs is nothing.

I have an AquaEl Unimax 500 that has inbuilt UV. The UV diverts some of the flow internally as it returns from the media baskets, so it has correct volume passing through it for sterilization. It has a separate power supply too, so you don't have to run it all the time. The filter has dual impellers as well...

I added the UV after I got the filter (nice modular design) and the water clarity improved noticeably.

-Si

Um, it wouldn't? The only thing in my tank is the return pipe from the sump... :-?