hi from the new guy

bennythepom

hi all , just saying hello form napier , was introduced to the forum by Arron , who i bumped into on th uk practical fish keeping forum , arrived in NZ 6 weeks ago leaving behind my beloved south american planted discus tank , any way im keen to get started again and hope to find my way around the local stores and getting info from all you kiwi fishkeepers , anyway bit of info on me i guess is in order , i moved here with my kiwi mrs who i met in the uk 2 years ago , loving NZ got a job in 3 days and now work full time as a possum hunter , i get to wander about all over this amazing country of yours camp in the bush and even get to buzz about in helicopters occasionaly ,,, not to mention the fishin , all amazing and catch and release of course , anyway when i get home on sunday will hopefully have a couple of fish shops to visit and start looking for my new tanks , il post a few pics of my tank back in the uk and see what you all think , cheers all , BEN

Hi & Welcome!

Looking forward to your pics and posts! So are you planning on setting up the same kind of tank that you, sadly, had to leave behind?

You had a job in 3 DAYS! :o Is that why so many people are moving to New Zealand???? :o 8) :P

Take care & have fun,

Caper

We pluck the fur and mix the fur with merino wool and make the best knitware

in NZ they are a major pest, they destroy thousands of acres of bush every year and eat our native birds and lizard eggs

Even the craziest greenies havnt got any sympathy for the little mongrels

And thats just the Poms, you should see what we do to possums :P