One eyed fighters??

fish_fingers

Recently discovered 2 of 10 c/t babies have one eye. The affected fry are slightly smaller but fit and healthy otherwise, eatting well and growing quickly. The other fry are fine and have 2 eyes.

Does anyone know why this is likely to occur? I originally thought that it was prehaps some sort of injury during hatching or maybe a genetic issue? Your thoughts please :D

you sure they havent just been sucked out by another fish even baby fish can peck at each other causinginfection which i guess could lead to eye loss?

I have had previous adult fighters that had theirs eye pecked out and it died within minutes.... these 2 fry by all accounts were born with one eye, noticed a few days after hatching, yeah I have good eyesight!!!

do you want to post a pic so we could look.

I used to think that if my fighters only had one front fin it may have been bitten off in a fight but now have realised that some only ever have one and some have none.

Will try tonight, I forgot to mention that while moving them to a bigger tank the biggest had on of the smaller fighters in it's mouth, I turned my back for 5-10minues max. So only have one now.

How could you not believe in something so real and important?

I have never heard of someone not believing in it

Alot of Christian faiths do not believe in evolution because it conflicts with Gods 7 day creation and Adam and Eve stuff.

do you want to post a pic so we could look.

I used to think that if my fighters only had one front fin it may have been bitten off in a fight but now have realised that some only ever have one and some have none.

Not the best photos but is quite clear where the other eye should be and where the remaining eye is, the black shape :-?

314109367.jpg

314109365.jpg

but if you were to breed a red fighter with a blue fighter and get a bluey red fighter wouldnt that be Creationism as you have created it or is god secretly spiting out one eye fighters to fish fingers to evolve new pirate bettas that need eye patches with each sale? :lol: :lol:

but if you were to breed a red fighter with a blue fighter and get a bluey red fighter wouldnt that be Creationism as you have created it or is god secretly spiting out one eye fighters to fish fingers to evolve new pirate bettas that need eye patches with each sale? :lol: :lol:

I think the fighters are going to take over the world with their evil army of one eyed pirate Fighters. :lol:

A one-eyed pirate fish...

My flatmates would die if they knew of this!! If any of them make it to adulthood, I'd be keen to get one or two off you! (I know, I'm crazy, who would want a one-eyed fish?)

They'd make great prezzies for the boys... lol

:D

My flatmates would die if they knew of this!! If any of them make it to adulthood, I'd be keen to get one or two off you! (I know, I'm crazy, who would want a one-eyed fish?)

You may recall that one was eatten so only have one left which I will be keeping and may breed from it for my own interest. Cheers.

HAHA! If any of your flatmates make it to adulthood?? :wink: And I'm sure selling humans is called SLAVERY :lol:

And Cheesejawa, if you say you breed a red fighter and a blue fight that means you get a bluey-red fighter, that means, mmmm a man and a woman breed, what are the offspring :o according to your logic, they would all be hermaphrodites :o

And Cheesejawa, if you say you breed a red fighter and a blue fight that means you get a bluey-red fighter, that means, mmmm a man and a woman breed, what are the offspring :o according to your logic, they would all be hermaphrodites :o

Im not sure where you are coming from George? Red and Blue are not the sex of the fighters, they their phenotype. So I dont see how you are comparing the colours of fighters to sexes of humans. Surely you can see that :o . If I was to use your example correctly, I would say that if a female of African decent bred with a male of European decent the offspring would be half-castes, not hermaphrodites. I thought this was taught in primary school? :lol: