what turtles are and arent aloud in new zealand ???

Hello

I am 19 and recently my pet axolotl that I have had since I was 5 died . I have other pets like cats and a younger white axolotl which is kept in a smaller tank . I am contemplating either getting into turtles or lizards . I have allways been interested in exotic animals and things like that but If I get anything exotic I wish to do it properly and have a properly set up enclosure and have everything they might need . I would love an alligator snapping turtle but do not know if they are aloud in this country . What turtles are aloud into new zealand ???

sorry to burst your bubble but they will never let them into nz as they can live in nz waterways, will out compet fish for food etc.

also i dnt thnk any reptiles of any types are alowd to be imported into nz anymore

but here is a pic i took to keep you drooling

snapper.jpg

if im not allowed one then hey thats just the way it is I will wait for a reply from maf because the unwanted organism registory doesnt say anything about them not being allowed in the country , the only reptiles listed in the registory are snakes .

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/commerci ... ter/search

Great registory to read through if you want to import animals , if they dont let you then you have to ask why it isnt on the registory

if im not allowed one then hey thats just the way it is I will wait for a reply from maf because the unwanted organism registory doesnt say anything about them not being allowed in the country , the only reptiles listed in the registory are snakes .

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/commerci ... ter/search

Great registory to read through if you want to import animals , if they dont let you then you have to ask why it isnt on the registory

I think its more of a "what is on the allowed list" than a "what isn't on the not allowed list", If you get what I mean :lol:

well I tried but they said no , they just said that they wont allow reptiles into the country and that some can be found at pet stores , this is what they said

William

Unfortunately we don't allow any reptiles into the country, there are some around in pet shops that you can purchase but no new stock is currently permitted entry

Regards

even if it was only in zoos, it would mean we would still get to see more reptiles in the flesh, thats if the zoos bring anything in :o

I think any different reptiles that are available for public viewing would get me travelling to which ever zoo has it!!