March 9, 200818 yr comment_219358 Hey 'Stumbled' appon this site and thought all of the microworm harvesters out there would appriciate it. I just got my culture, so haven't tried it for myself yet, but sure looking forward to :lol: http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/microworms.htm Report
March 9, 200818 yr comment_219366 I used to do this and it works really well, paper napkins work as well as long as they are reasonable quality, the cheap ones just disintergrate. Use only white or they drop their colour on the mixture. Another method I used which worked for me was to use a small syringe and drip some water on top of the culture, then tilt it to run into the corner. Then syringe the worms up and put into your tank. Report
March 9, 200818 yr comment_219368 welcome stella hasd a microworm culture myself didnt know how to grow them so just biffd them Report
March 9, 200818 yr Author comment_219380 LOL thanks Well as far as I can read it isn't too difficult to keep them. Some porridge and some yeast and whola. They smell though HAHA I will definitely try both methods (Syringe and paper towel). Now to get some baby fish. LOL 8) Report
March 9, 200818 yr comment_219390 thanks for the pm's by the way from people contacting me on reported white albino sightings but alas nothing came of them so still looking i did all i was supposed to maybe i cooked them lol who know i had them on window sill don Report
March 9, 200818 yr Author comment_219392 HAHAH oh no Well I saw your request a wee while ago but didn't get a good look at them as there were people eyeballing them LOL Who knows, one might just pop it's headup soon. Report
March 9, 200818 yr comment_219396 tell me about it every time i go to the lfs and people are in there they eyeball and hog the axie tank so i cant do my weekly check ive got my lfs looking for one for me as well so you never know Report
March 9, 200818 yr Author comment_219402 HAHAHA. Why does it always seem people eye the fish you are searching for. LOL Me again, looking for some deep red Guppies. Get loads of oragie redish ones, not red. All in due time I guess. Report
March 9, 200818 yr comment_219474 I always found plenty to harvest from the sides using a fine paint brush. Report
March 10, 200818 yr Author comment_219518 I guess it all depends on how many fish you need to feed. I was looking for care sheets on them and 'stumbled' upon that website. thought it was pretty interesting Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_219522 Microworm is realy easy to culture: Rough the sides of a 2 litre icecream container with sandpaper. Put wolemeal porridge and a teaspoon of sugar in the coffee grinder when the boss is away. Grind fine add water and cook 2 mins in microwave. Make it so it is that thick you have to spread it with a wet spoon until bottom of container is covered. Allow to cool and sprinkle with a small amount of yeast. Mix starter with a little water and run around porridge till covered. Light candles and play soft music for a few days. Use a stiff kids paint brush to scrape off the walls and wash into a glass of water Feed out with an eye dropper It will last longer (6 weeks) if you remove them each day other wise they multoply to the extent they kill themselves off. I keep 4 at various stages all the time. Report
March 10, 200818 yr Author comment_219526 First thing that comes to mind.. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am pretty sure if you teach someone something they remember it for life Thanks for the care instructions will go and do it tonight and light those candles. HAHAHAHA Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_219570 Alan I emailed you quite some time ago. Are you just ignoring me or did you not get my email? :-? Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_219593 How and why would I ignore you. If it was a wee while ago it might still be with the computer that chucked a wabble and got chucked out. Please send again and see if the new one is a bit more friendly. Report
March 10, 200818 yr comment_219646 I thought you might have read it then run off screaming :lol: Will resend. EDIT: Can't find it now. Suspect I sent it through here and it has dropped off the end of the Sent items as it has filled. Will have to try and remember what I said :roll: Report
March 11, 200818 yr comment_219948 I have hit reply on your email twice now. Have you not received them? :-? Report
March 11, 200818 yr comment_219949 I hope I haven't offended anyone from Outer Mongolia. showed it to my friend from inner mongolia and he wasn't offended so you should be right Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.