Appisto guru's..

ryanjury

maybe he wants to get something out of it?

Yeah your right its called MONEY! Sell as many as possible make as much as possible and sell the business.. I asked him quite clearly what he was suggesting and he said to cross the 2 species. There is no confusion..

I don't care if he wants to create a new fish or whatever it will create confusion and hybrids in NZ and that is a bad thing no matter how you look at it..

This thread is all just rubbish..I imported the cichlids and worked out the types with Peru experts,They cannot tell the differences..Its quite simple..They breed with each other in the wild..So are natural....The only diff is a red spot by a fin and all came in one shipment as fry..Breed in there tanks from wild caught parents..They are all one strain but was given the two names to use when big enough to see the slight diff..Anyway...

No ones is telling you to buy..

I have plenty of real buyers that are interested in the Rare Fish i have imported...No one else has the many types of amazon fish i breed..

Phill Collis

Some of you guys are just about stepping over the boundaries... so the items below have been extracted from the guidelines to just remind you of your situation regarding treatment of another member... (good or bad)...

Posts that are not respectful of other members are not welcome here.

Above all – the golden rule applies. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will other behaviour deemed to be antisocial.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you did agree when you registered that the information you have entered is stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised

Take note that as a member you agreed not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes any wording that may prove harmful to any individual or company, should they be a member or not.

There is good reason to discuss the crossing of fish types or species.. which we all agree should be frowned upon... but this should not include abuse or slander of another person or member.. so please stop the personal attacks or this thread will be removed.

Thread is being monitored...

Warnings to all concerned.

Bill.

Mod.

I personally think that if this was any other cichlid it would have the same name at the most having a variant attached to it if it is only a spot that makes them different. Look at Africans like Neolamprologus Pulcher and Brichardi apparently we are suppose to call both of them Pulcher I beleive and they have more than a spot between them.

The Discus types are named now in to the hundreds but bacisally still the same fish.

Cichlids that x breed are sub-spec or same as orange flash or triple red apisto's so in fact because subs keep dieing would be best to back breed with my wilds.

If in nature they breed together then they are basically the same but can be sub's..Take angels...!

To dirty tanks..Yes i have real dirt Called ALGAE..As algae helps to clean water and if your in there every few days cleaning,,Well no production..

I have about 250 bristle nose including true albinos as workers and a feed a day keeps them happy and dont moan about work contitions...

At this monent i have over 400 tanks if dividers are counted or 124 tanks with out..Most av 250 L

In business my sales are only partly seen via trade me and yes im selling out and not because of sales but bad neck.. Sorry to be a pain in the neck but most dont even know me or meet me but my business is not a play hobby but serious breeder.I now would have 500 young discus and new breeders becomming of age every day..Also 3 types of whiptails breeding.

Several others here still to start.. Also look at angels..I breed wild types.

I also find that most think that they can buy rear ADULT fish cheep and breed..Well if i have rear lines i dont cut my own throat but selling cheep after spending usually a year to get say euntous to breeding age...

Come meet me and see a real fish room....Phill Collis