Whangarei Aquarium Club

Scuba Sam

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the PM Georgeous, I'd love to come but I won't be around on the 17th. Bugger cos I live just up the road. If there is a second one (of course there will be), I'll definitely be there. 8)

where have you been lately vegemite? havn't seen you on here for ages

Thanks for the PM Georgeous, I'd love to come but I won't be around on the 17th. Bugger cos I live just up the road. If there is a second one (of course there will be), I'll definitely be there. 8)

Yeah no that's fine, second meeting will be the 21st of April (3rd Monday). Please say you can make it. :lol:

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam, If you have the posters at work with you I can pop in and get one from you and my partner could put it up at his work place in Waipu if you like?

Maybe I could ring the Waipu vet and ask them to put one up there too?

That would be great thanks Bedazzled - they are in my car so at work most of the time...

Are you going anywhere near the SPCA at all? They are happy to put up a poster, I just have to get one to them.

Cheers,

Sam

I will pop down tommorrow, and I can go out to the SPCA at the same time :D

What time suits you best?

Well - which fish keeper goes to the vet or to the SPCA regularly?

I would have thought hanging them up in the mall (there are several places with these little closed window boxes) or in the library or even at Pak'n'Save (or other supermarkets) messageboard's would net many more people than vets or SPCA??

Of course the 3 pet shops would be good start too.

Posters are out and about at 4 pet shops and 2 vets..

If you see one, stand there and look at it so other people will see you looking at it and uh... look at it?? :lol:

Cheers,

George

Thanks for your suggestions Karla - we will get onto it on Saturday. We have already done the pet shops - that was first port of call.

Thanks,

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

I think Warren is away at the moment - we certainly would like to have him up at some stage, but first speaker is someone who is into aquatic plants. Anyone who has odd plants they don't know the name of could bring them along, and we could have a go at id ing them - I have one in my work tank that we will look at that I'm not sure about, for example.

Apart from Warren, who we would definitely like to see up here, any other ideas for guest speakers? Bring your ideas along on Monday.

Cheers,

Sam

I am here and got your PM. I won't be able to make the next meeting sorry but could very likely get to the one after that. It's a pity as I could have talked about plants too. I'll have a look at flights - what is the exact date in April you'd want to see me?