Heating 15,000 litres of water

henward

my mate father heated there 30.000 liter pool by puting solar panel on the roof of the house and black tubeing running the length of the house back down to the pool the pool run about 20 to 24 drinig witier and 24 to 28 during summer. as the heater only run when the pump is on,,,,

yeah, australia aint much better wiht fish, cos they dont let you import some

Aussie lungfish, snake heads, barramundi, red tailed catfish... :P

Solar would be pretty good, but I think you'd want some form of back up thats capible of keeping it warm on a long cold winters night.

hey mark:

solar seems good and efficient. backed up by electricity no doubt if sun isnt very strong?

hot water bore, i am unsure if we get many hot water wells here.. i really dont know how that works lol

looking for massive containers for fish, doesnt have to be a pool i guess

any ideas mark? i mean massive talking at least 6000 litres

my pool is 20,000

water tanks for farms, ccheck out Devan plastics nz on google

dig 1/3rd in ground for insulation plus poly on top

Yeah, a large plastic water tank sounds good. As stated dig into ground by 1/2 to a 1/3. You could cut a viewing window into the top part, say top 800 - 1000mm that way you wouldn't need glass that thick - well compared to if it was towards the bottom.

How about a pool cover for the top?? Go and talk to a swimming pool shop and discuss heating.

Yeah, a large plastic water tank sounds good. As stated dig into ground by 1/2 to a 1/3. You could cut a viewing window into the top part, say top 800 - 1000mm that way you wouldn't need glass that thick - well compared to if it was towards the bottom.

How about a pool cover for the top?? Go and talk to a swimming pool shop and discuss heating.

acrylic windows and leave top on tank with acrylic windows in it

i am very sure it doesnt take 22kw to heat 15,000 litres

you get poo heaters, aqua clear heating in penrose

some are designed to heat huge pools, only to bring temps max 12 degrees it says, an its no where near 22 kw, maybe if you want to heat it in 5 minutes??:D

im sure it takes less than that.

It would take nowhere near 20 kilowatts to heat a tank that size, depending on ambient temp and insulation of course. There's this convenient thing where the heat is lost by the SURFACE area, not the volume. And surface area increases half as quickly when you make a tank larger as the volume does. It's basic geometry.:)

Use a heatpump. There's a very good range of high conversion rate heatpumps available for pools. You may have to use a heat exchanger as well to isolate the pond/tank water from the metal used in the heatpump. Not the cheapest solution to setup but the payback in saved power is likely to only be 2 years.

fair enough

i am also looking at marks idea, the water tanks

very sound good idea!

burying half the tank in the ground, insulating the rest. pretty good way, but i guess making the window

how easy is that? enlargin the hole at the top..does that comprimise structural integrity (i watch too much sci fi). and the window too?

i mean devon plastic tanks sell 30k litre tanks for 3400, pretty good!

imagine the pacus you can put in there! wow, im excited thinking bout it

in fact, i feel another impulse buy, perhaps i can put it at the back of my shop or in the garage:D

not as such but close

you put their hands in :D

while you ask "what do you know? what did you see!?!?!?!"

:D

in that 30k litre tank, i would buy up all pacus in the country thats for sale! id put 20 silver dollars. and two massive catfish type fish!

im excited!

2 years, ill get one:D wiht in two years