SMASHING PUMPKINS

danilada

Contemplating it, but its not really the pumpkins, its Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain and 2 randoms to fill the spots of James and Darcy

Kinda like that Axel Rose did with Guns N Roses. I.e it aint a GNR concert without Slash

I haven't actually heard their new album, is it any good? I thought they lost the plot at Machina, seems to happen to all my fav bands (Metallica & that god awful St Anger album, makes me shudder)

Still, would be great going to hear some of the classics! Providing they give them the time of day!

Contemplating it, but its not really the pumpkins, its Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain and 2 randoms to fill the spots of James and Darcy

Kinda like that Axel Rose did with Guns N Roses. I.e it aint a GNR concert without Slash

Not really, Billy and Jimmy are the two most important members by far, I'd compare it to a GNR show with Axl and Slash. Jimmy is irreplaceable as a drumer, the other two not so, Billy plays most of the lead guitar in all the live videos I've seen. IIRC D'arcy couldn't even play the bass before joining the band...

I'll be there, was even thinking about flying to wellington or christchurch to see them twice! One of my biggest regrets of my teenage years is missing their show in 1996.

Besides, I thought the GnR show last year was pretty good! ;)

Best concert I've been to. Billy is the man if you've seen them in concert your will not miss seeing him live. They played the first few songs and Billy wasn't happy with the sound so took a break and sorted it out. Next song started up and Billy walks to the front of the stage and lets rip, a wall of sound came out that hit you between the ears. It was a long concert and then they played like 2 or 3 encores of a couple of songs each. They really wanted to put on a good show and they did, don't think this time will be any different.

The new smashing pumpkins album is awesome, one of their better albums definitley. I have been told they're brilliant in concert and I'm definitely going. I'm not really a fan of queens of the stone age, but they're ok.

St. Anger was definitely Metallica's worst, their album this year is supposed to be more like their older stuff which is good to hear. And about G'n'R, it's ruined, sure I.R.S and Madagascar off their new album are good songs, but the rest are crap. Nothing beats slash, duff, and steven/matt ALONG with axl, but axl alone, cough cough.