May 5, 200422 yr comment_17266 Just found room in my bookcase for my latest acquisitions 1 Atlas of marine aquarium fishes - Dr Burgess 2 Dr Axelrod’s Atlas Lge 3 Atlas of Freshwater & Marine Catfishes - Burgess 4 Handbook of tropical aquarium fishes - Axelrod & Shultz 5 Exotic tropical fishes expanded edition 6 Dr Axelrod’s Mini Atlas 7 The Aquarists Encyclopaedia - Gunther Sterba 8 Breeding Aquarium Fishes - Axelrod 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 9 Tropical Aquarium Fishes - Dick Mills & Dr Gwynne Vevers 10 Complete Book of Dwarf Cichlids - Hans-Joachim Richter 11 Atlas of Killifishes of the Old World - Jorgan & Scheel. 12 Catfish Atlas - Warren Burgess 13 The Freshwater Aquarium - Hans Frey 14 African Cichlids of Lakes Malawi & Tanganyika, - Axelrod & Burgess 15 The Cichlid Aquarium - Dr Paul V Loiselle 16 Schmidt-Fockes, - Discus Book 17 Catfish in the Aquarium – Dr Carl Ferraris 18 Back to Nature Guide to Tanganyika Cichlids – Ad Konings 19 Back to Nature Guide to Malawi Cichlids – Ad Konings 20 Atlas of Miniature Catfish - Burgess Report
May 5, 200422 yr comment_17274 Those are your "latest" aquisitions, was someone having a clearing sale? sounds like a great resource youve got. remember everybody ask Caryl!! Report
May 5, 200422 yr comment_17275 Think I'll go and check MY library Good one caryl. Now for you to find time to read them. Alan Report
May 5, 200422 yr Author comment_17279 I have to read them?? I bought some off a friend, some were given to me and my daughter went shopping for me while in the USA. Report
May 7, 200422 yr comment_17401 Hi Could we have a 600 word book reviews by the end of next week please hehe Report
May 7, 200422 yr Author comment_17406 Why don't you get back to designing fjords slartibartfast? :lol: Perhaps I should offer to lend out the books in return for others doing reviews? Hmm... Report
May 7, 200422 yr Author comment_17419 This isn't just the begiining M as I have had a large collection for a long time now. I am a compulsive book buyer and our house is full of bookcases groaning at the weight. A quick tally of actual fish books came to over 90. I have no intention of adding up the nonfish books. None of this includes Grant's extensive collection of computer, electronic, amateur radio and car magazines. Report
May 9, 200422 yr comment_17460 Sadly I had a serious falling out with the mice and alas now the dolphins won't even talk to me :lol: Report
March 17, 201115 yr comment_426241 Just found room in my bookcase for my latest acquisitions 1 Atlas of marine aquarium fishes - Dr Burgess 2 Dr Axelrod’s Atlas Lge 3 Atlas of Freshwater & Marine Catfishes - Burgess 4 Handbook of tropical aquarium fishes - Axelrod & Shultz 5 Exotic tropical fishes expanded edition 6 Dr Axelrod’s Mini Atlas 7 The Aquarists Encyclopaedia - Gunther Sterba 8 Breeding Aquarium Fishes - Axelrod 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 9 Tropical Aquarium Fishes - Dick Mills & Dr Gwynne Vevers 10 Complete Book of Dwarf Cichlids - Hans-Joachim Richter 11 Atlas of Killifishes of the Old World - Jorgan & Scheel. 12 Catfish Atlas - Warren Burgess 13 The Freshwater Aquarium - Hans Frey 14 African Cichlids of Lakes Malawi & Tanganyika, - Axelrod & Burgess 15 The Cichlid Aquarium - Dr Paul V Loiselle 16 Schmidt-Fockes, - Discus Book 17 Catfish in the Aquarium – Dr Carl Ferraris 18 Back to Nature Guide to Tanganyika Cichlids – Ad Konings 19 Back to Nature Guide to Malawi Cichlids – Ad Konings 20 Atlas of Miniature Catfish - Burgess Quite the collection! Report
March 17, 201115 yr Author comment_426247 I have added to the collection since then as well :roll: Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_426506 i only have 2 books "the complete guide to fish keeping salt water and fresh" "and how to choose your tropical fish" Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_426528 What have you added Caryl? Anything along the line of plants/aquascaping and dwarf cichlids? :bounce: Report
March 20, 201115 yr Author comment_426566 I have the Amano book, of course, for plants. The Cichlid Aquarium - Dr Paul Loiselle The Complete Book of Dwarf Cichlids - Hans-Joachim Richter and 7 Baensch Atlases. All, except the latest Baensch's were in my previous list. Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_426647 Could I borrow The Complete Book of Dwarf Cichlids and the Amano book please? :bounce: :happy1: Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_426654 I'm trying to figure out the replacement value for my fish books that were ruined during the earthquake. Only 2 are available on NZ book webstores. The others I can fine on bookdepository or Amazon, but some are no longer available. My educated guess is they're worth about $30 each though. Hint: Don't keep your fish books next to the fish tank Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.