new nano planted 60L

nemines

yeah! my 100th post.....i've recently set up a cold water planted nano... atm ive just got lilaeopsis novae zealandiae growing in it.

lighting: x2 24 lifeglo t5 HO

filtration: atm aquaclear 30, soon eheim 2213

substrate: Red Sea Flora Base

co2: will transfer pressurized dupla gear from other planted tank once ive got the 2213.

planned fish: 3 borneo sucker loaches

will post some pix very soon, just gotta wait for the dust to settle...

:D

i'll have to find some shrimp....i don't wanna overload the tank with fish cos it'll draw attention away from the plants.... not sure anyway, i've still gotta cycle it :lol:

i'll probably go for a very dark navy for the background. i only set it up yesterday lol

how are your beardies going? how many arowana have you got?

• 3 weeks later...

rotala rotundifolia, hygrophila polysperma, anubias nana, osiros sword, dwarf saggitaria, indian fern and ludwigia repens.

i just replaced the dwarf sag today with some horemani swords because they're a lot more controlable. i bought all my plants from my lfs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im doing a 13 liter planted tank :D i went to the pet shop just before and i saw some REAAAAl colourful guppies there i cant remember what they were called they were like 10 dollars each,so ive changed my mind about cold water planted and decided to go for tropical!.. hey whats that on your gravel growing in the first pic you posted.. im looking for something to cover the bottom of the tank.. thought of java moss but that what you had looked nice what was it? those nano planted tanks are like a tiny piece of art :D mine is geting delayed a bit as i dont have much muny now still gota keep my 2 other tanks going.

the plant was lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae, it's a native. it loves lots of current, a rich substrate, plenty of light and co2. It takes a while to settle into place. should be available from your lfs otherwise they should be able to order it in for you.

glad to hear you're setting up a nano :D