December 21, 200718 yr comment_203247 Which is the best camera for fish pics? The other half wants one for Christmas and I have no idea! Help Please Report
December 21, 200718 yr comment_203263 Whats your budget? A DSLR with a macro lens and remote flash units is the 'Best', but it aint a cheap option. :roll: My Sony H7 does a pretty good job for a non-SLR camera, but it will probably set you back about $600. Very nice camera for the price though. Cheers Ian Report
December 21, 200718 yr Author comment_203264 I was thinking around the $500 mark but thats not set in concrete. It needs to be decent and simple to use but take cool pics. I openly admit to being a dumb female who knows nothing so all help is gratefully appreciated! Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203273 I like my Sony too but many have, and get excellent results, from the Canons. Fuju is good too. All of them are pretty simple to use. Try each out and find out which you like the feel of the most. I know I dislike the small cameras because I find it hard to hold them steady and focus, whereas the larger bigger ones feel more solid in my hand and I have more control. Might be just me though 8) Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203283 Whats your budget? A DSLR with a macro lens and remote flash units is the 'Best', but it aint a cheap option. :roll: My Sony H7 does a pretty good job for a non-SLR camera, but it will probably set you back about $600. Very nice camera for the price though. Cheers Ian sony has a smaller version which has about the same function called the H3 sony h3, h7 and h9 are good cameras but if you are after something smaller maybe a sony T series canon, fuji and sony are all good cameras, canon being the best but sony being the best looking Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_203297 Fujifilm Digital Camera Model: FINEPIXS5700S Real Photo Technology II and the 7.3 mega pixel super CCD give the FinePix S5700 sharper and more lifelike images. New picture stabilisation and intelligent flash make taking great shots easier than ever Features 7.3 Mega Pixels Super CCD 10 x optical zoom 2.5" LCD Screen Picture stabilisation Real Photo Technology II 9 scene modes Movie recording VGA at 30 frames per second with image stabilisation Continuous shooting mode Pictbridge compatible and SD memory card compatible Does that sound like a good camera??? Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203300 My Dad has a Fuji , I think it's that model. Yup it's a good camera. Not as good as my Sony, but it's a lot cheaper 8) If you dont need the bigger zoom lens and extra functions of the Sony, then its a good choice. The Fuji takes normal AA batteries, which is a bonus, but you will want to buy some Rechargables and a charger if you dont have one already. Digital cameras EAT battereries. Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_203312 What Sony do you have??? I know nothing and just found that Fuji. Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203324 What Sony do you have??? I know nothing and just found that Fuji. Sony DSC-H7. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=20005009&langId=-1 Thats the US price on that page though, it's around $600 in NZ Like Elmo says there is also an H3 model which is similar but a smaller lens. ( and price I assume) That Fuji is a good camera too. Cheers Ian Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_203327 Cool I will hunt out a NZ price for our one Thanks for your help!! Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203357 I blame this thread for the apparent sudden death of my Nikon 995. Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203378 It would appear that it is. Now, I just need to find a camera with really good image quality, 30FPS video at 640X480 or better, good low light, image stabilization, weighs 100 grams or less and is cheap enough I wouldn't be too worried about dropping it from a few hundred feet. Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203379 Have a look at the websites eg sony etc etc and see what they have Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203380 Have a look at the websites eg sony etc etc and see what they have To the best of my knowledge there are no cameras that match those requirements. A few come close, though... Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203390 http://www.dpreview.com/ the best camera review site, side by side comparison, pros and cons of each camera, sample pictures and reader reviews Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203423 Sapphire and I are the proud new owners of a Sony H7.. It's Sapphire's baby though.. takes beautiful photos! Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_203433 YAY Ira I have been looking into those Sony ones (not that I know what I'm looking for) Can I ask you some question??? (Cos this is what people have told me to ask and I don't know what the technical jargon is) * Does it use 'normal' batteries? * Can it take more than one memory stick at a time? (apparently the Fuji takes 2) Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203436 Does it use 'normal' batteries? No, it comes with it's own rechargable battery and charger. The batteries are smaller and lighter than normal AAs, but they do cost more if you want a spare and you cant just drop a set of Alkalines in if you run flat. Can it take more than one memory stick at a time? The H7 has 30mb memory built in, but thats not very much with an 8mp camera. Still means you can take a few pictures if you left the card at home. :oops: I think the Fuji only has one card slot, but will take two different types of card in that slot. SD or MMC. Either way you have to budget on getting an extra memory card unless the retailer bundles a decent one with the camera. Cheers Ian Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_203444 Hi spangela. I have a Fujifilm FinePix S5700. Ianab is correct....it can take two types of memory card but only one at a time. When I bought mine it didn't come with a card so I had to fork out for a 1gb card. Report
December 23, 200718 yr comment_203554 once you find out which camera you are after, I recommend going to www.pricespy.co.nz to find out where the cheapest one is. Report
December 23, 200718 yr Author comment_203559 Ihave spent a big chunk of the day on price spy! It is AMAZING how the same thing can differ in price so much! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.