Cameras

spangela

Whats your budget? :wink:

A DSLR with a macro lens and remote flash units is the 'Best', but it aint a cheap option. :roll:

My Sony H7 does a pretty good job for a non-SLR camera, but it will probably set you back about $600. Very nice camera for the price though.

Cheers

Ian

I like my Sony too but many have, and get excellent results, from the Canons. Fuju is good too.

All of them are pretty simple to use. Try each out and find out which you like the feel of the most. I know I dislike the small cameras because I find it hard to hold them steady and focus, whereas the larger bigger ones feel more solid in my hand and I have more control. Might be just me though 8)

Whats your budget? :wink:

A DSLR with a macro lens and remote flash units is the 'Best', but it aint a cheap option. :roll:

My Sony H7 does a pretty good job for a non-SLR camera, but it will probably set you back about $600. Very nice camera for the price though.

Cheers

Ian

sony has a smaller version which has about the same function called the H3

sony h3, h7 and h9 are good cameras but if you are after something smaller maybe a sony T series

canon, fuji and sony are all good cameras, canon being the best but sony being the best looking :D

Fujifilm Digital Camera

Model: FINEPIXS5700S

Real Photo Technology II and the 7.3 mega pixel super CCD give the FinePix S5700 sharper and more lifelike images. New picture stabilisation and intelligent flash make taking great shots easier than ever

Features

7.3 Mega Pixels Super CCD

10 x optical zoom

2.5" LCD Screen

Picture stabilisation

Real Photo Technology II

9 scene modes

Movie recording VGA at 30 frames per second with image stabilisation

Continuous shooting mode

Pictbridge compatible

xD and SD memory card compatible

Does that sound like a good camera???

My Dad has a Fuji , I think it's that model. Yup it's a good camera.

Not as good as my Sony, but it's a lot cheaper 8)

If you dont need the bigger zoom lens and extra functions of the Sony, then its a good choice.

The Fuji takes normal AA batteries, which is a bonus, but you will want to buy some Rechargables and a charger if you dont have one already. Digital cameras EAT battereries.

What Sony do you have???

I know nothing and just found that Fuji.

Sony DSC-H7.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=20005009&langId=-1

Thats the US price on that page though, it's around $600 in NZ

Like Elmo says there is also an H3 model which is similar but a smaller lens. ( and price I assume)

That Fuji is a good camera too.

Cheers

Ian

It would appear that it is.

Now, I just need to find a camera with really good image quality, 30FPS video at 640X480 or better, good low light, image stabilization, weighs 100 grams or less and is cheap enough I wouldn't be too worried about dropping it from a few hundred feet.

YAY Ira

I have been looking into those Sony ones (not that I know what I'm looking for)

Can I ask you some question??? (Cos this is what people have told me to ask and I don't know what the technical jargon is)

* Does it use 'normal' batteries?

* Can it take more than one memory stick at a time? (apparently the Fuji takes 2)

Does it use 'normal' batteries?

No, it comes with it's own rechargable battery and charger. The batteries are smaller and lighter than normal AAs, but they do cost more if you want a spare and you cant just drop a set of Alkalines in if you run flat.

Can it take more than one memory stick at a time?

The H7 has 30mb memory built in, but thats not very much with an 8mp camera. Still means you can take a few pictures if you left the card at home. :oops:

I think the Fuji only has one card slot, but will take two different types of card in that slot. SD or MMC.

Either way you have to budget on getting an extra memory card unless the retailer bundles a decent one with the camera.

Cheers

Ian