David R

Attention Datnioides fans...

Last night I just picked up an American Tiger (D. polata) from Jansens Mt Eden. It was the same price as the other 'normal' dats, but apparantly on the suppliers list they were called "Borneo Tiger four bar". I'm guessing there's a few more of them floating around LFS's, so keep an eye out if you're after a rare species of dat that is not commonly seen here (I've never seen anything other than D. microlepis for sale). The easiest way to spot them is by their more silverish colour, thinner bars, and two spots at the base of the tail.

Info

I'll try to get a couple of pics after work today.

8)

I'm doubtful, the ones at jansens looked really unstable anyway. Given that they're hard to get in the US and usually way more expensive I can't see us getting them for the same price :(

No pics yet, I'm up in whangarei, he's in a tank full of neons :lol:

I'm not sure how many ate left, my two smaller ornates have pigged out and look like they're going to explode! :lol:

Last night I just picked up an American Tiger (D. polata) from Jansens Mt Eden. It was the same price as the other 'normal' dats, but apparantly on the suppliers list they were called "Borneo Tiger four bar". I'm guessing there's a few more of them floating around LFS's, so keep an eye out if you're after a rare species of dat that is not commonly seen here (I've never seen anything other than D. microlepis for sale). The easiest way to spot them is by their more silverish colour, thinner bars, and two spots at the base of the tail.

Info

I'll try to get a couple of pics after work today.

8)

Jansens Mt Eden? please excuse my ignorance is this a shop?

Yeah, sad to see Animates for fish. TradeMe, private sites and Hollywood. Are really it then? :( Not that I'm looking at the moment. But yanno when a fish strikes you, you wanna buy it! LOL

I was hoping to hear the lastest news from David R, scraping all his little fish and getting backing into dat again! Oh well guest he might do that some time next year then :lar:

Cough..cough..who's bring back that 7 years tread!!