what is it?

livingart

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about this beastie? Giant millipede from Bukit Fraser in Malaysia (thats a camera lens-cap beside it)...

35giantmillipedeBukitFraserPeninsul.jpg

the other picture I posted earlier was a "man-faced bug" (try looking at it upside-down and you'll get the name; I tried revolving it on photobucket but it wouldn't work). The Singapore one is Catacanthus nigripens. The orangey one Livingart has might be C. incarnatus (or maybe just more orangey because its dead?)

just got a good fright

was sitting at the computer and felt something like a small mouse wriggling in my pocket ( yes you can insert the jokes here)

slowly put my hand in my pocket and pulled out a brown furry slug about an inch long(insert more jokes)

picked a cocoon of the emperor moth off the tree this morning thinking it was dead, no way

is now pumping up his wings on the curtain seemingly no worse from the day in my pocket

emperoropeninglu8.jpg

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 pm Post subject: label

livingart wrote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes is man faced bug

{ i dont whant to now what in your pocket :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool looking moth

don't you want to play with uncle pervy :o 8) :o:D

that must be painfull. :o

depends on the person actually. It doesn't affect me at all. bdspider got some effects from it from Fijian giant millipedes. David Attenborough had whole sections of skin turn black and peel off after carrying one round in his pocket in his early days as an animal-collector in Asia.