Arowana

livingart

I know the words to the Wombles song :lol:

Then again, I can also sing the old KFC ad (mostly) and the Chesdale cheese one too :roll:

When I was a child (and we didn't get TV until I was 8 yrs old) it was balck and white :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I think we've got off topic :oops:

• 1 month later...

You could also try breed fire eels in this large tank.

Breeding Fire Eels

Breeding Fire eels in captivity is very hard, but not impossible. Distinguish the sexes can be difficult, but a mature female is plumper than the male. When spawnings have occurred in captivity, the parents have been longer than 50 centimeters (20 inches). The Fire eel is a plant spawning fish that should be kept in a large and well planted aquarium. Keep the pH and dH at optimal levels and let the water temperature become a little higher than normally, from 27 to 29° C (81 to 84° F). The eggs are translucent and the female Fire eel will place roughly 800 to 1200 eggs in floating plants. The eggs are around 12 millimeters (1/20 inch) in diameter. Newly hatched Fire eels must be feed very small live food. Over feeding the fry is a common reason behind extensive Fire ell fry death. When kept on a suitable diet, the fry will grow very fast.

From http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/mix/fireeels.php

• 3 weeks later...

timely post seelakanth (for those who have trouble with pronunciation)

picked up another today same length, but not as deep bodied and a bigger head, front of jaw has a more acute angle to it and mouth is slightly longer.

introduced straight to tank, a little fin nipping from established aro but nothing major yet.

both fish about 60cm+, so still young