Hello .... I'm new ... need some advice please

eclaire

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome, at first this hobby seems very confusing that will change down the road. I'm no expert, thats for sure, but read the articles about cycling. It will save you time and money, otherwise you will probably do like I did and get too many fish too soon, and watching your ammonia count go sky high. Trust me its no fun waking up and wondering how many fish are dead :x:cry: . Just take your time and listen to some of those that have been there. Its very good that you looked into a club, best move you could make. anyhow good luck and once again welcome!

Thank you for your kind words of support ... very much appreciated... I'm please I joined a club too, otherwise I wouldn't know if I'm arthur or marthur (lol) not that I'm quite sure about that now .... so many things to think about, and of course I want everything, and all of my fish, like, NOW ... patience has never been one of my strong points ... :lol: :roll:

eclaire wrote

of course I want everything, and all of my fish, like, NOW

Yes...I think that's part of MTS :lol: :lol: But better for us & better for our fishy if we take our time...darn :roll:

Sounds like things are coming together for you. Found a home for the goldfish yet?

Caper

Hi and welcome, hopefully meet you at a TT meeting :) ,

Yeah patience IS a virtue hehe been there done the whole wanting it all now phase and learnt my lesson with the sacrifice of a few neons, bless their little fishy souls.

Generally what i found is go with the recommended time plus a week or 2 to be on the safe side