gay guppies

jayci

Haha I was going to start a thread like this a while ago...Except mine would have been for platties, I had 2 male hi-fin platties for about a year that were the best of mates, when one of them mysteriously passed away :cry: And his poor mate seemed a bit sad all left behind on his own, so I thought I'd get him a few lady friends to cheer him up. While in the shop I saw another male I liked so brought him home with me as well.

Was a bit surprised when the males showed no interest whatsoever in the females and started what appeared to be courting each other as you describe with your guppy boys...My first thought was , "Oh my god, my platties are gay!" Then I thought, oh, maybe they are just doing what real guys do, pretending to be all cool and disaffected and showing no interest in the girls, in order to get their attention?

Hmmm...Yea, sometimes I think I really read too much into the social dynamics of my fishes lives :-? Lol :lol:

• 2 months later...