busy day - Cory eggs

Tsarmina

i cleaned out my 3ft bristlenose tank yesterday and decided to put my peppered cories in it too. needless to say, they did not look at all impressed.

at lunchtime today i was looking in the tank and saw some cory eggs.

decided to pull them out and put them in a breeding net.

i stopped once i reached 300!!! and i know theres more in the tank still :D

After reading about breeding Corys, I was just wondering if it was possible to breed my 3x Panda Corys? What would I need to do ? Would I need to get more as I've heard they need to be in bigger groups? How do I tell the sexes apart? Sorry for all the questions and would like to try to breed something different to platys. They're in a 60 litre well-planted tank with 2x ottos, 2x tiny BN, 8x Neons, 6x Black Widows, 6x platys ( I know its over stocked, but I do weekly water changes of 10-15% and haven't had any problems.)

Any help would be appreciated.

mine were in a well planted 4ft tank, for a few months, and nothing happened. i moved them yesterday into a 3ft planted tank which had a 95% water change (left enough for the fish to swim in). it currently has:

+/- 150 bristlenose babies and dad

about 50 white cloud mountain minnows

a breeding pair of siamese fighters

and the 10 cories.

from there they did it on their own :)

as for sexing, the females are bigger than the males. thats all i know.

from that i have worked out i have 5 females and 4 males. i'm still unsure what the last is.

from what i've been told, it pays to have more boys than girls.

ok, they were swimming around yesterday :)

just finished moving them all to another breeding net in the same tank, as the one they were in is getting pretty grotty.

Total eggs collected: 300

Total fry hatched and swimming: 56

not bad considering :)

now to keep them alive till 30 days :bounce:

Put some peat in a pantyhose sock, this will help aid in thye fungi growing. That is they havent been fertilized, I have 500 eggs from my bronze cats however none of them were male so they just went all fungal. Keep them in their own tank I had better results

• 2 weeks later...

Is it okay to take the eggs out of water to moving them?

I have only four eggs but if it's possible they can get sucked through the breeder net I'd rather take my chances and set up the other tank asap!

How long does it take for them to hatch? The eggs have been around... three days, I think. I'm not confident any of them will hatch but I'm hoping. ^^