Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

how do you find your skimmer?

mines a heap of shit so I just brought a deltec mc500 to replace it,slides right in the back like it was made for it,Wtih abit of persuasion :lol:

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Just have to get rid of the glass shims tht hold the stock skimmer in.

My mc500 just turned up today from hutt pets, joeblog has done it and im going to be doing mine tonight,without the glass shims that hold the stock piece of shit in they fit perfectly in there like they where made for it.

I think itl b worth every cent plus more

from what ive heard the deltec pulls out more in one day than the RSM skimmer ever did,which wouldnt be much

Posted

Yep, the stock one certainly is crap, but I'm a bit reluctant to start bashing away at the glass shims hammer and chisel style like JoeBlog did. How are you going to remove yours?

Posted

Im going to run a blade inbetween the shim and back glass down to a certain point and then snap it off,as you can leave a bit down the bottom as it needs to sit up abit

Posted

So I ran the blade down inbetwen the glass and the shim and get abou 2 thirds of the way down and think man this is so easy its taken me all of a minute! then the shim breaks same place on both sides now im stucks with a third maybe abit more of the shims going to have to slowly get those out somehow,dont think i have the balls to use a chisel and hammer YET but we will see :lol:

i think if i had the chance to do it again i could maybe get them off in one piece :-?

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

It isn't too much different really - some things have grown a bit, but I haven't done much to it lately. It survived my holiday OK - It seems to have found some sort of equilibrium, so I'm just going to let it be for now - unless I can get hold of something particularly cool, that is... :wink:

Posted

have a look inside johns display tank - there olny small frags :) dont think there for sale tho if you want a few ill frag them although im running low coz i gave some away then sold some to john wont take long to grow :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...