Burst belly

Hoody

just noticed one of my neon's had died and when I removed it from the tank I noticed it had a burst belly?! What has happened?! I had noticed it was looking very "old" the last week or so ie; lurking at the back of the tank, swollen belly and thin everywhere else ect

Any help on what this is and how to avoid/treat it??

is it a possibility it had eaten something and blockage occured, stomach contents fermented causing the burst

might have happened after fish died maybe, anus not working and bad stomach swelled up

sorry just suggestions :D

did it smell bad :o

was rest of fish rotten

heaps of questions 8)

who smells a dead fish :oops:

me to eliminate the aforementioned possibilities :D

did'nt smell it sorry! :-? :lol: I had been watching it about 2 hour's earlier and it's condition had'nt appeared to have changed alot. It's eye's were missing aswell allthough the other fish may be responible for that?! I had also cut back alot on the food for about the last month?

How long did you have these fish and were there any other deats lately?

Hmmm - watch out how the others are doing, cause unfortunately, neons are very susceptible to fishTB.

If any others look unwell with funny sores or growths I would think about that possibility. Humans can catch it too.

I had some g/fish fry with burst bellies dying. All i could put it down to was they ate WAY too much bbs when i gave them a treat once. Did water changes, threw in salt, ended up putting them inside in a tank to keep an eye on them but nothing worked, then they came right. I would easily find 4-6 a day floating.