Hello!

budak

My personal aquatic interests are planted aquaria and Southeast Asian aqualife - you can view my haphazard gallery here (requires registration, but Imagestation is one of the best free online galleries).

I have only been to NZ once (3 or 4 years ago to North Island on a week long working trip), but have fond memories of the country, the people and esp. the pristine nature. One question I have is: does anyone keep (is it legal anyway?) those strange fishes known as galaxiids? I have always found this group rather fascinating.

Don't start that agin Alan! :lol:

http://www.nzfreshwater.org/galaxiids.html may be of interest to you. There are quite a few species and some may be restricted but I have kept the local variety. A very pretty fish.

For those of you not sure what fish these are - they are the species commonly known as whitebait :D

Hi Doc,

Ya, I was there.... mainly to browse though.... you can see some nice pictures of the show here

Thanks for your compliments..... and I hope to be able to contribute in the planted and some of the fishy forum sections here :P

Goldie, I have always wanted a fish tank (as in lush, planted aquaria) as far as I can remember (nigh 30 years), and had only been able to restart the hobby (after childhood dabblings) a few years ago after a decade long dry period.