What are you Breeding?

Dixon1990

new012Small.jpg

Three arrived two years ago from the Amazon with other whiptails..

First was to grow them on and luckly i got a pair..

Next was the had yards waiting..Spawned and saw at least 50 young at 12mm free swimming..Decided whiptails dont worry young..Well..Next morning not one fry left..Decided it must have been female as the are so rare that they even eat meat..All my others imported would not...Should have clicked..

Next time the male was in tube with about 50 + wiggling eggs so i decided to remove the female..All good and on the 9th day decided to remove the male to..The tube was partly open and a air stone at the entrance as was earlier..They free swim on day 10..

Came back a bit later to find most had died..???...male must to really pumping water past them..But after many hours of pricking out dead i saved 13...Some months later the female died..Now 18 months on i found that the 300 L tank they were in was babies every where..Quickly the large amount of wood was removed and all adults..Stood there watching for 1 hour to ensure i missed no one..

A week later they are at counted roughly 70 and have put on 3mm so now 15mm..It will take 4 or 5 months to get to 1/3 rd size..Adults are just 100 mm long with wisk on top of tail...The look in photo is that all the time..Dorsal fin stays up...

This it the third type breed here now from wild imports..Whites Whiptails are now at 40mm and are starting to be sold..No photo on them a yet but pail with dark bars...Rhinoloricara is the new name for all whiptails and no second name so maf have accepted R ... Black..

Cheers Phill

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Yes they are several that regardless of price offered will not be getting them..Reasons " in forums are quite easy to see ,When i post several take the micky and turn the subject into just an attack.. " :evil: ..Phill

the above wasnt an attack Phill just lame jokin about my apologies no harm intended.

Id rather be self employed like i am than doing a 45+ hour week for someone else, look on the bright side. (atleast thats what i try to do)

Was not you that note was for but a few others that will be busting to get these whiptails..

Because of mostly attacks i now dont post advise or try to help because of a few that turn every thing into a rat case..I will now only run my own listing or send private notes of help..By generally i look and go on.So the forum often is missing out on 40 years of experence breeding just about you name and yes killies..

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Tuxedo Swordtail's

Solid Red Swordtail's

Various colours of guppies

GBA'S

Common b/n

Albino b/n

Lampeye's (Poropanchax normani, killifish)

5 x Nothobranchius sp.

4x Fundulopanchax sp. (Have 3 other sp. I'm not breeding just yet)

Leopard Danio

Plates

Knob nose Whiptails (Hemiodontichthys acipenserinus)

Celestial pearl Danio

I think that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
P1000215_edited.jpg

P1000218_edited.jpg

P1000220_edited.jpg

P1000221_edited.jpg

P1000222_edited.jpg

P1000224_edited.jpg

P1000225_edited.jpg

These are hot off to press..Bigger also a lot of differences..Dorsal is rounded...I did also have them years ago but never breed in those days..Cheers Phill Hi BK

Those first two pics...the fishy is in water right? Is it just a tiny narrow photo taking tank?